Bring back automated turrets from PS1

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CGar, Nov 29, 2012.

1. kidwithstick

The automated guns would not shoot at infantry. Only vehicles. which has already been stated.

When I first read thread title I said no way but now I think it kinda would be a good idea.
  2. anaverageguy

This would also make base turrets worth repairing and look like something other than free exp when unmanned.

I'm sure if the idea gains enough favor, it will eventually be looked at by developers or at least brought up in discussion.
  3. Anivex

This is simply not true. My outfit has several devs that regularly play with us...and they check the forums all the time. Keep this thing bumped up and like the OP and they will see it. I'll suggest it playing tonight as well.

Don't assume this is like other games. It's not. The devs are very dedicated and most of the changes they make are based on user feedback.
  4. Tuco

Don't let current vehicle vs. infantry, rocketpod, and Liberator imbalance taint further development. Spitfires should work just like they worked in PS1, shooting at all enemy targets that aren't cloaked.

An cloak-AMS would remedy the vehicle vs. infantry imbalance, a 75% nerf to rocketpods and a 50% nerf to liberator damage would remedy that imbalance.
  5. Tuco

That's the same line of thinking that brought us the OP rocketpods, "Hey we got a tank-spam problem, lets make rocketpods and Daltons OP."
  6. Tenebrae Aeterna

Even if this is true, then just contact Margaret via her youtube or facebook. While I don't know about the other devs, I know that she will get back to you...as she has for me in regards to nothing more than a fabricated forth faction concept. If she's willing to write me back in regards to something like that, I'm sure she'll take a look at what anyone has to say about in game tweaks.

Unless she was just enthralled by my long lush hair and couldn't resist.....................but I doubt that.
  7. Nismu

Would be nice boost for infiltrators giving reason to run around hacking those turrets. Now it is quite useless as you don't get people use them most of time. But with automatic turrets it sure would help. and same time give incentive to protect your turrets so they aren't used against you.
  8. dwarfhunter

I approve of this, would give me a reason to fix all the dam destroyed turrets people leave after getting a base.
  9. FigM

I think automated turrets would be OK if the fire rate of unmanned turrets was cut in half. So you could still man the turret and it would work as now, but when you leave turret, it has half the DPS output
  10. Torok

i think i've read somewhere about automatic turrets, well don't expect anything soon guys, but in the next years we might even see NPC's and so on AI, then automatic turrets, there you go

http://pixeljudge.com/en/news/planetside-2s-future-is-bright/

disclaimer: we're talking about Years here i bet :) but who cares, who will live will know, don't get too hyped, get a smoke
    or else go out and run, that's healthier
    http://3.bp.************/_RccTLu6UaMc/TRyv4hmgR8I/AAAAAAAACWM/fuMkob-ce9w/s1600/Monkey_Smoking_1A.jpg
  11. Xale

Comment obsolete. Need to remember to check dates...
  12. PineSG

Bump for a good idea (says this PS vet)
  13. Cabbage

Not so much reading, as do any of them have access? Even in beta could barely get anything of official nature posted here, but if it were twitter or facebook, no problem there.
    Playin as an engineer here is fine and dandy, glue guns, some mines, and a turret only I can use and no one else, even if they are in the same squad, so since its all solo-oriented, except the glue gun, I'd love the apparently next to impossible to implement deployables from ps1. including the tank traps.
    (There was an odd feeling. Trying to delay courtyard access by sticking a big trap in the way, and sometimes being riddled full of holes just trying to get there. Or using BFRs as a blast shield to get the traps placed.)
  14. Bill Hicks

Due to the demographic, Sony will make a gun with homing bullets before they make bases harder to attack.
  15. Alizona

That is absolutely pathetic.

So in other words... the devs don't care what the players think in the slightest?

All the more reason for me never to spend a single penny out of pocket on this game. It's fun, yeah, a fun way to pass the time. I do play it, but if I had to pay for it, I wouldn't. I'm sure they're still getting quite rich off the game anyways. I guess that's why they don't have to bother with us or bother with our suggestions.

Well I guess I'd better take back what I just said then. :)

I do want "artificial intelligence" in some form. It's just silly that you can walk into a base and cap it all by your lonesome. There needs to be SOMETHING standing in our way since during the daytime the maps not named "Indar" are pretty darn empty.
  16. Nate

I think that these automated turrets should also attack Infantry. There are anti-infantry turrets on the bigger bases but the cannon turrets should shoot at them too. Having base turrets automated would be a great improvement to the game. Would definitely help establish a front line. Give Engineers and Infil both more purpose. You could also have a turret console in base that would relate to the effectiveness of this automation.
  17. Tribu

I fully support this tho i would not give 100% acuracy if thats posible. Other than that auto base guns should be implemented give also more reason to fix the bases.
  18. Brusilov [TR]

It's pretty noticeable when you are doing laps of empty Esamir and all the empty turrets just ignore you. I liked the way flying over enemy territory in PS1 was dangerous, even if there were no players around.
  19. Angelo85

Everything that gives us more defensible bases is a huge plus in my book. Even the small adjustments in cover for towers made a huge difference already. Keep the changes in that direction coming SOE!
  20. iShootCats

I would have to say no vehicle drivers already have so much to deal with adding the turrets will only piss people off more let's focus on buffing defenses of vehicles then maybe or you can have the turret kill infantry instead.