VS Shotguns

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Vollkommen, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Vollkommen

Trying to get a feel for which shotgun people seem to prefer. I've been using the Thanatos for awhile, and enjoy it, but the trials didn't really last long enough to get a good feel for the Pandora or Nova.

Any thoughts?
  2. Bard

In battlefield 3 terms the Pandora is closer to a USAS than the Nova is to an 870 or a Spas. In other words, use the pandora. You may want to seriously consider picking up a rank or two of ammo bandolier and extended mags.
  3. Stan Walsh

I'd stick with Thanatos. From what I've seen, it feels like it has the tightest grouping for the shot. Haven't tried any with slugs. Unless of course you spend a lot of time up close, under 10m or so. Then by all means, go for Pandora.
  4. Grotpar

Thanatos is best, in my opinion.
    But it's currently bugged, and doesn't receive the reload speed bonus if you empty the magazine, which you usually will.

The Pandora does have shorter TTK than the Thanatos. The difference isn't particularly big, though.
    But it might be good if you're caught outside of your comfort zone, because you put way more pellets down range.
  5. Onizuka-GTO

in use the nova, exclusively. dont see the point of the thanatos.

I do have laser sight and slug ammo. The bigger magazine goes a long way.
  6. Grotpar

Disregard that, it's not a bug, but a feature. It's supposed to be dreadfully slow if you empty it.

Now I wish I bought the Nova during the daily sale.
  7. Siluria

Nova is pretty awesome.
  8. jak

They nerfed some stuff with the Nova between the last day of beta and release from what I can tell, and I used to use the Nova exclusively. I prefer the Pandora now, though.
  9. Vollkommen

Thanks for the replies all. I picked up the Nova when it was on sale, and have been using it more than the Thanatos lately. I'll give the Pandora some another trial here in a day or two. The fast reload for non-empty clips (on the Than.) is nice, but without the extended magazine it just doesn't seem worth it.