What does "zerg" mean in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Omnom, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Omnom

As a Zerg player in the Starcraft series since Day 1, I saw this and my eyes sparkled, I assumed it was a reference of some sort.

Does it mean follow the spread of your color, as if it were the creep to maintain control and still remain tactical?
  2. Corsix

It means 'i got killed by 2 people at once, scrubs always gotta gang bang'

EDIT: oh you're serious ? It means numbers, people like to look at large numbers of enemies to always explain their defeat and assume they are just zerging even though 'zerging' and 'outfits doing objectives together' look the same to a naked persons stupid eyes.
  3. UncleNota

4. Mvollingjr

It means a bunch of players heading in the same direction trying to overwhelm by numbers rather than tactics.
  5. PresidentOfButts

When someone in the group you're rolling with starts ****-talking the faction being attacked, or quoting battle cries from Warcraft 3, the odds are you're taking part in a zerg and should be ashamed.
  6. Raez

You must be new to the internet. Welcome! To zerg means to have a huge mass of unorganized units swarm an area and hope to win by means of superior numbers, often without regard for their life.
    • Up x 2
  7. TribbleFluffer

pretty sure it means swarm an area, Zergs ive seen are Armor and Air Zergs where a huge wave comes at you destroying everything in its path.

Best zerg ive seen and got to be appart of was a MAX zerg, failed horibly we all got swiss cheesed before we got even 20 feet into the biolab dome XD!
  8. Yeo-Yin

omnom : what is the strength of zerg ? they are many of them, it's their only strength.

"zerg" in ps2 is when you have a lot of people with tank and air who just go from a base to an other to have cap exp and stomp everyone in the base.
    it's just like a swarm of locust.

"zerging" is be one of these locust.
  9. Thardus

THE Zerg is the name for the massive group of leaderless players that just follow each-other sheep-like, and wash over the map in an unstoppable tide. There's usually one per faction, per continent.
    • Up x 1
  10. PoopMaster

Technically they have a leader. Zergs don't usually develop unless an outfit organizes it.
  11. Omnom

Why so much hostility ._.

I can understand why people would hate this, but in Starcraft it's a massive misconception thinking you can just overwhelm with numbers. If you play Zerg enough you realize it isn't possible. I just wanted to clear that up, if it matters.
  12. Omnom

13. T-Bone_VII

It came from StarCraft. The classic Zerg rush would use a swarm of zerglings to end the match quickly.

Google "zerg rush" if you haven't done so already.
    • Up x 1
  14. Thardus

Nuh uh. Most outfits hate having greenies follow them around, because it means that our other flanks are weak, exposing us to back-hacking and being cut off. The closest that The Zerg has to a leader is the simple fact that they'll tend to follow an outfit around. Even without an outfit though, The Zerg will still eventually form as people cluster together with more allies.
  15. PoopMaster

So if they have a clan tag like 666th or Test they're magically not zerg? I disagree.
  16. Thardus

I don't know. I tend to think of The Zerg as a phenomenon that happens when random, individual players try to find a good fight, not as a tactic.
  17. PoopMaster

I understand what you mean, but with the largest outfits, they can almost never never keep full control so it devolves into a crazy, spammy zergfest regardless.
  18. Thardus

I'm not quite sure what you mean. You're saying large outfits attract larger numbers of followers to them when they attack? They're still not doing it on purpose though, and ultimately it's the outfit that wins the fight. Organized forces can capture a base in the tenth of a time that it takes shield-camping greenies.
  19. PoopMaster

No, I mean the actual large outfits are that blob. I'm talking about the biggest ones.
  20. Thardus

I don't really think that's The Zerg at all. The Zerg is just a mass of players clustering together for a good fight. The Zerg is ultimately a collection of individuals. Players in an outfit generally make sacrifices, fight on defense, and use actual organized tactics.

The very definition of The Zerg is its lack of leadership and organization.

Having overwhelming odds isn't zerging, it's simply good tactics.