How much damage does C4 do to MAXs?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by GTGD, Nov 29, 2012.

1. GTGD

Got one shot by C4 earlier and was wondering if it's a one hit kill or if someone had shot me as well (I was too disoriented by what happened to look at the assist info)
  2. Braken

I do think it is a one-shot on MAXs.

Too many things kill MAXs easily... :(
  3. Metallideth

braken is right its 1 C4 if you're in the blast radius
  4. ozziewolf

The flak resistance certs will probably help you survive C4. I don't know if it will allow you to survive direct contact with the C4 but it will at least help you survive when you're not on top of it.
  5. GTGD

Ok, that makes sense. Just more reason to pump flak resistance like ozziewolf said. Though it's going to be kind of weird when everyone certs flak and small arms are more effective at killing MAXs (though they are very effective already).
  6. Purple

C4 does one hit if you drop it right under or ontop of a max. which is why maxes fear LA.
  7. Phoebus

Before the health nerf, MAX would die in one shot from C4 even if they were on the extreme edge of the explosion.
    Now, I doubt even flak armor would stop a max from being one shotted by C4.
    Yay balance.
  8. Sostratos

I survived a C4 blast last night with 25% of my armor intact with rank 3 flak. I don't think I was directly on it, but that little LA sure was surprised that I was still standing.
  9. xboxerdude

C4 needs an obvious nerf of damage to MAxes, it shouldn't 1 shot it should be at MOST 75% and thats with no certs after certs it should be around 50% health it takes down.
  10. Sostratos

Na, it's fine. There is considerable risk involved with trying to C4 a max, and one brick of C4 costs a lot of infantry resources.
  11. JojoTheSlayer

LoL, the way Maxes are now. No one is scared of them.
    Instead people charge at them. LA with C4 isnt scared of a Max. Just fly over in a angle that PS2 weapons cant til up enough and lob C4, done. Its actually more risk hunting HE because they are faster and quicker to turn etc.
    • Up x 1
  12. Wildclaw

A single C4 cost as much resources as a MAX.
  13. Sostratos

The thing about maxes is they aren't meant to be a lone-wolf's class. Alone, they can maybe kill a couple of people, but they can also be dropped pretty fast by smart players. With support, though, a max is a killing machine that cannot be matched by anything you can bring inside a base. The only time I ever pull out a max is when I know I'll have engineer support.
  14. JojoTheSlayer

They where meant to be breaching units, but if more than 1 guy is looking at the door a Max gets dropped in seconds.
    Its better to have speed and rush... They just cant take enough punishment because now AI bullets do as much as AP bullets did in PS1. There is no inventory cost to carrying AP rounds, there is no change ammo reload penalty. The game play is faster, the towers and outposts are more open which means slow infantry units are mostly exposed. You cant hack, you cant repair, you cant heal, not that I am saying they should have the latter three abilities, but the fact is....

Maxes are useless in most situation and the job they where meant to have they cant do because they lack armor.
    Its better to have HA in a group attack than Maxes. The only times Maxes seem to do their work is if the force you where attacking where so small they would have lost anyway by the share numbers coming at them. At witch point the Maxes could just as well have been HA and they would have been faster and carried AI, special grenades and AT at the same time.

Current Maxes are USELESS!
    • Up x 1
  15. Krrr8or

C4 is fine as it is. 100 counters 100 cost plus a max can be revived c4 can't.
  16. hsal9

I really didnt wanna post this but... they are only as good as people who play them. NC maxes are ******* devastating to infantry, you cant lone wolf with one thats for sure. I seen few organized outfits use em very very effectively. I'd really hate to see maxes buffed, would be literally no reason to play anything other than engi/max/medic for occasional rez combo.
  17. JojoTheSlayer

Why do people repeat lone wolfing?
    I havent said anything about lone wolfing in it.

When I see organized units the least of my worries are the Maxes.
    They are useless and like I said before. The only time they seem to do anything good is when the opposition would have fallen regardless. Having a 30 man group attack a 10 man defended Swiss cheese tower Maxes first dosent equal the Maxes are effective just because they lived in that scenario. They could just as well brought HA.

Push em through a tech plant door and they will take fewer steps than a HA.
    Push em front as meat shield they will only slow down the men behind while hardly stopping a bullet...

They are useless, but I understand that you do not agree. You take your eng medic team with a few Maxes and see how far you get. Res with med and repair time would lose you the fight vs HA and a few meds of equal size...
  18. ParaxleNC

Agreed.

C4 is also crazy expensive to get into cert-wise, where vanilla maxes are not.
  19. Sostratos

I see your problem, then. Maxes aren't good for assaulting bases, they're good for defending them. If you just aren't ever having any success in a max suit, I humbly suggest that the fault is not with the max.