How to fix tech plants in one easy step

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slink(FSU), Nov 29, 2012.

1. Dervishkid

i seen tech planets fall with one good move from outfits.
    Pro Tip, Sundy, Shield buster.
  2. Davinel

That what makes it fun.
  3. Bags

Don't fix what aint broken. Wedon't need 5 minute base fights...
  4. Cl1mh4224rd

But there's a teleporter from the spawn room into the Tech Plant. How does spawn camping help the attackers?
  5. Phoebus

There's only two generators. The generator inside the main building needs to be destroyed before you can access the SCU.
    Try again.
  6. windcaler

Until the sunderers gate diffuser becomes common place tech plants will remain nearly impossible to take because theres really only 3 ways in. 1. Go through the double open doors that are death trap choke points (I saw NC set up tanks by them once and that made it impossible to get in). 2. Use Light assaults to fly through the shielded areas (also heavily guarded where they get mowed down). 3. Drop pod or galaxy drop onto the roof and take the elevators down into the same choke points where your exposed to a dozen angles and the majority of the force will be defending.

However I predict that when gate deffusers do become common place people will be placing mines in those areas to just instantly stop those assaults. Taking us back to square one.
  7. Yeo-Yin

an other way is to take shield breacher sunderer. Don't stop in the base, just go through it, letting everybody inside. Do that with 2 or 3 sunderer and you'll have enough people to give to an infiltrator the time to hack the vehicle spawner, then spawn a sunderer ams in the base and it's over.
  8. Cl1mh4224rd

One of my pet peeves: people who apparently can not comprehend the words that they read.
  9. siiix

or boring if it takes 5 hours , i logged out after 5 hours because spamming nades and bullets at doorways gust got old

the thing is most people in this game ALWAYS will be noobs, and so you cant expect every one to play like a pro

even if your a pro how will you get all those noobs to organised

its a lost cause
  10. Slink(FSU)

I understand that long battles are fun, and I agree.

The problem is that the game isn't designed for long battles that last hours. Player culling becomes insane and the game becomes pretty much unplayable because you can't see anyone. The fun ends there and the frustration begins - that's why Tech Plants need to be adjusted so their battles don't last as long.

By simply swapping the generators, a smart defense can still hold the Tech Plant for quite a while. It just makes it a little bit easier for attackers to win and gives them another option to do so.
  11. Gavyne

If the fun ends for you at any time, you could leave and go elsewhere as you stated before that tech plants could go on for hours even after the rest of the maps have changed hands. If you didn't want to join the massive battle fun, or get tired of it, simply leave and join the battles for the rest of the map. But I suspect you stayed because you knew the exp was too good to pass up, and it's the reason why most people stay for hours at the bottleneck. Tons of kills and deaths, it's why a lot of the people hop into Planetside 2 for.

Tech plants used to be "hard" until people realized you could bulldoze sundys through the forcefield. It is now not a hard thing to do anymore now that everybody knows that specific tactic. Save up some certs for it if you want to save the day at tech plants as an attacking force. By driving sundys and unloading a bunch of people, you've found the biggest doors to get in.

Just saying, use what they are designed to do in the game to your advantage, they have the specific certs for a reason. And likely they designed Tech Plants to be a "meatgrinder" base like all FPS games have, but they always knew once people build up the certs and understand them better, they'll realize they can bulldoze sunderers directly into a hard to take base.

But like I said, if you want to leave a massive battle you can at anytime. Obviously territorials were changing hands while the battles were going on at the Tech Plants. There are enough players to support taking & defending of other bases at the same time when Tech Plants have massive battles. So if you get bored or dislike what's going on, exercise your freedom & option to leave. Otherwise, enjoy the battle as the majority stay in those massive battles because they do find it fun and exp usually is quite good for both attackers and defenders. Especially defenders with much higher kill count and a defending bonus to each kill, heals, revives, repairs, etc..
  12. Sticx

The problem a lot of people are not seeing is the glitch where defenders can drive a sunderer up onto the 2nd floor. Making it almost impossible to kill. Fix that stupid glitch, and tech plants will be much more balanced.
  13. Sifer2

If you did that it would just be another base that's easier to assault than to defend, and serves up plenty of free kills to spawn campers. The AMP station is the one that needs a redesigned to be more biased towards defenders.
  14. Chancellor Gowron

You don't even need drop pod or galaxy/esf to get on the roof above the turrets. You can scale the tech plant with jet pack alone, probably even without upgrades.

Gate diffuser will definitely be used more often as people see how effective it is. Its only 100 certs ffs which is dirt cheap considering how much of a game changer it is atm.