GPU qualifies, but lacking FPS due to GPU ingame?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sperrow, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Sperrow

I get 10-12 fps. I have unparked cores, 8 fans and liquid cooling.
    I'm stumped.

My specs:
    Intel i7-2600K 3.40 Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    16 GB RAM
    300 GB 10K RPM HD
    Windows 7 64x
  2. Alexlightning7

Something is seriously wrong.
    Any other games give you trouble?

do changing the settings help?
  3. PureHunger

Your GPU isn't the problem, I run this game at 60 fps with an HD 5770... I heard a lot of people are having trouble getting high frames with i7's. This game works better with i5's currently. But they are working hard on optimizing, so this build you have should suffice and run this game at high frames in a couple months, hopefully.

-PureHunger
  4. xpsyclosarinx

This game is broken optimization wise, my PC can handle crysis on high and get about 40FPS on average, PS2 is nowhere remotely near as high quality as crysis is but it runs are 30FPS most of the time (50 in low pop areas)
  5. Bandit1379

When your FPS meter is saying [GPU] this means that you are using more of your GPU than your CPU, which is what you want it to say as often as possible, and at least when you are in areas of low-combat. When it say [CPU] this means your CPU is being used the most, and is what most people should see when entering large battles. If it says [CPU] more often than [GPU] your CPU is holding you back, if it says [GPU] your CPU is doing fine, which is good because this is a CPU-intensive game.

TL;DR: [GPU] is good.