AS16 NightHawk is functionally useless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pretendo, Nov 29, 2012.

1. pretendo

It has a range of about 10 feet, and even at that range, a machine gun is probably better. It's the most inaccurate gun in the game by far.
  2. Sobieski14

Its a "Automatic SHOTGUN".
    * Its also my personal favorite weapon in CQC, 1-2 shoot kills.
    - HA shields aka useless.
  3. TheBloodEagle

Used a trial of the shotgun and it is useless even for Automatic on default. I haven't tried the slugs though, that should change things a bit (extra range) and extra magazine (+4 ammo). You have to be 1 foot away for all 6 shots to actually kill (seems like it).

Seems like a great weapon for BIO LAB fights especially but from the trial, my CARV is more effective.
  4. Xae

Get Slugs, you'll do fine at moderate range.
  5. pretendo

Why would I use slugs over a rifle
  6. Sobieski14

If your trying to engage 10+ feet, you might need to use 3+ shoots.
    * If your less than 5 feet, "1-2 shoots"

The AS16 is less accurate, but its excellent at close quarters.
    The Barrage is much more accurate, but its semi-automatic, versus the AS16 being automatic.

It hits like a sniper rifle?
    * But its horrible at close range combat.
  7. Tobax

With that kind of argument you could just say "I have a rifle nothing else matters".
  8. Rune

cause they are more accurate than a rifle, put a 4x scope on that badboy and start sniping as a class other than infiltrator. Go LA and find sniping positions you could only dream about as an infiltrator.

Other than that i dunno.
  9. guitarxe

Issue is not with the NightHawk in particular, but rather with all of the shotguns in the game. They are all like this. You have to be point-blank in order to be able to kill in 2 hits (not 1). Any further than 10-15 meters and you will be doing NO damage to anyone. 10-15 meters is about the size of the cap/generator rooms.
  10. InducedApathy

I use the pandora and as16 just fine. It has no medium range potential at all (I expected that). Most of my fights are under 15m unless I'm running across an open field (rare). I can kill anyone besides maxes in one or two shots. Maxes I can unload a full mag and if I don't hit the head they still take a HUGE amount of damage. Switch to pistol finish them off or run around till reload.
  11. TheBloodEagle

Just saw a video of Vanu sniping with the Slug ammo. They do have no bullet drop of course do but the range was insane as well. Kinda makes me want to actually buy a shotgun now haha. They'll probably nerf that though.