Antialiasing, Supersampling and Nvidia Inspector

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by XIX, Nov 28, 2012.

1. XIX

Is it possible to force this game to apply MSAA or Sparse Grid Super Sampling?
    I have tried setting MSAA and SGSS to 8x and see no difference in game.
    Is there an antialiasing compatibility or behavior flag setting which I can apply to force it to be used?
    Do I need to figure out how to disable the god awful FXAA before I can apply the above?
  2. Kediec

Don't know about the rest , but if your on Nvidia , you can disable FXAA from the nvidia control panel.
  3. Nepas

NO you cannot.

Will people stop posting this junk!!!

The FXAA that is built into the game IS NOT THE SAME as the one that is in the Nvidia drivers.
    • Up x 3
  4. SargeJohnson

yea, sadly :( fun fact: when i stream with OBS, i record game source, which is before fxaa is applied...without it, the game looks amazing. on my screen tho, it does not <.<
  5. Ricodon

Yes you can.

My settings are:
    [IMG]

But i seems that the AA effect is only seen if you set the same values on "AA-Setting" & "AA-Transparency SS".

For example:
    2xMSAA & 2xSSAA
    or
    2xMSAA & 2x SGSSAA
    or
    4xMSAA & 4x SGSSAA

I think you can also use it with Supersampling (SSAA) instead of Multisampling (MSAA).

The "Antialiasing - Behavior Flags" must be set to "NONE" otherwise i cant see any effect. It looks like you don't need a combatibility bit.

You dont need to disable FXAA for using driver-forced-AA but you can try to "Disallow" the "NVIDIA Predefind FXAA Usage" but i dont have test it right now. Try it. ;)

...I'm off...killing some Red's... :D
  6. Sar Yehudah

THere is no way to disable in game AA right now. I don't understand why the devs refuse to let us turn it off. It should have been an in game option from launch day. instead we have to complain on the forums, and HOPE that the next patch will give us the option, since the devs have never stated that they actually are going to let us turn AA off as far as I know. I also have to start the next semester in two days, and I was hoping this would be fixed before break was over. I have 11 textbooks to read and I probably won;t have much time to enjoy PS2 for awhile.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jac70

You can enable Supersampling in the actual game. Set your renderquality to 1.400000 in the UserOptions.ini file to get 2x Supersampling. You can set it to 2.0000000 for 4x Supersampling. These are approx numbers, not exactly sure what the exact multipliers is - something to do with the square root of 2.

You will need some serious GPU hardware for this though, my GTX670 can dip to sub 30fps with 2x at 1080p and everything high. Games looks real nice though at 4x.