2 Things that need to be addressed that will improve overall Gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chubby Cheesecake, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Chubby Cheesecake

1. Friendly Fire should be removed altogether. It just doesn't work in massive games like this. If removal isn't an option, decrease the FF damage considerably.
    2. Tone down or completely remove screen shaking from explosions. It's ridiculous that the screen shakes so much even when you're not getting damaged from the explosion. 2-3 tanks shooting ramdomly at a building full of infantry make it impossible to get an accurate shot off.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bags

The most common response to #1 will be "but then the game will be a spammy, skilless zerg fest". Which it already is. o_O

And I too hate #2, but you'll get the "realism" and it's "tactical" arguments thrown at you!
  3. Chubby Cheesecake

To be honest, I would understand if this was a simulator ala Arms 2, but it's basically an arcade shooter with unneeded elements added to make it more "real".
  4. Hoppy17

1. Just saying it doesn't work in a massive game like this is not bringing anything to the table. Go into more detail please.

2. Personally hasn't been a problem for me. Don't see it as that big of a problem, and don't really see how removing this small feature will really improve overall gameplay.
  5. Thagyr

I am in the opinion that Friendly Fire benefits the game, in that it prevents vehicles to simply continually firing into any open enemy space while the infantry move in to pick things off. The tanks/air cover the infantry in the open, and the infantry move into the closed areas to finish up the rest and cap the point. Take FF away and the vehicles could simply spam the crap out of every hole they could shove explosives into regardless if their team was moving in.
  6. Zenben

1: No. Teamkilling needs to be in. There needs to be a consequence for spray and pray in a room full of allies. Check your fire and don't walk in front of people, this is the way it should be.

2: I could take it or leave it, honestly. It doesn't bother me much.
  7. maxkeiser

Friendly fire should absolutely NOT be removed. It simply has to be in the game, for a number of reasons which have already been discussed.

It makes people think before firing, and stops endless spam - for instance at a room full of both your team and the enemy; where your shots only kill the enemy.

FF is one of the good things about the game. Removing FF from BF3 was a huge error.

I agree that there should be a punishment for continual TKs though - say more than 2-3 in a couple of minutes.
  8. Xasapis

Capping a point 101 without FF on.

Grab some liberators at max range and bomb onto your people in the POI = noone can get anywhere close to touch them.
    Grenades situation will become even worse than it is today.
  9. OmNomNom

No. No, it doesn't make people think before firing. The count of TKs if probably higher than all other kills summed up....

People don't give a **** if there's an ally running in front of them. If there's a red triangle on the HUD, they start firing. No one cares if there are some blue triangles in between....
  10. RazloTPD

The problem isn't that there is friendly fire. That problem is that, currently, there are a lot of people playing who don't consider what effect their actions will have, regarding their allies, until it's too late.
    I've seen people fire like mad, kill an ally, THEN stop to think about it. I've also seen people run through a doorway and get shot up by allies who were already shooting through the door.

Friendly fire itself is fine, what needs to happen is for players to be more consciously aware;

''There are two Vanu in that room, but I have 6 NC guys rushing in and 2 medics among them... maybe I shouldn't throw my grenade into that room.''

Instead what i'm seeing is ''omg, two Vanu in that room. I'm gonna get a double kill with my Grenade!... ... ... WTF? Teamkill, what the hell. Didn't they SEE me throwing my grenade? God other players are so dumb.''

Planetside 2 is very heavily team based and sometimes that means not going to kill a guy yourself, it means trusting your team to do it for you. By all means back them up and support them but don't be in a rush to get the kills. You'll only end up dead yourself, one way or the other, doing that.
  11. RazloTPD

I agree, but the answer to that is not to remove Teamkilling, it's to punish it more heavily. I'm tired of games catering to that selfish mindset. Don't remove it and ALLOW the idiots to remain. Instead, punish them heavily and hope it chases them away from the game.
  12. Chubby Cheesecake

1. A lot of the players are solo players who are oblivious to those around them. Combine that with guns with splash damage and you've got a possibility of dying from an inexperienced or ignorant teammate. As well as that, having FF brings new griefing opportunities either by an angry teammate or 4th faction players. Another point I'd like to bring is that color blind players are unable to distinguish between the enemies and allies and that is another potential risk to an allied faction. Secondly, with the game having a lot of rendering problems, an ally may kill you simply because he thought there were no allies in his screen. Lastly, since the game has a built in "no clip" function, an ally standing inside of you can also get damaged by you.

2. I wouldn't have the problem with the screen shaking if it happened when you took damage from the said explosion, heck I would be okay if it happened in an open field. But when an enemy tanks are shooting into infantry standing behind metal walls, there shouldn't be so much screen shaking because cover provides protection from the blast radius. HA's cannot effectively do their job against enemy vehicles when said enemies are pounding the building they're in.

Okay. Let's say they implement a bigger punishment for TK's. What if an ******* from an allied faction starts to actively try to stand in front of me in order for me to accidently TK him and get punished. I'm unable to do anything against him because there is no easy way to report said player and the GM's only take actions against people only after they spectate them for a bit.
  13. iKoyy

The screen shaking is a very annoying feature. It is indeniable that it adds to the realism BUT I could not care less about realism than when it ruins my fun which is what these explosions are doing right now.

I spend my time avoiding zerg feasts because most of the time, wether you try and play correctly or not will not matter. If you shoot at a guy and some random explosion shakes your screen and not the ennemy one, you're screwed and that's it.

I don't think it is a funny mechanic. Hence it should be removed. What it adds to the game is not worth the loss of fun in my opiniong.
  14. Yazmo

your a ******* ****** your probably one of those aimboter bastard for saying this
  15. Hoppy17

Erm I was just asking him to go into more detail in what he was saying, I didn't understand his view completely. But okay XD