Friendly Fire has to go, people are exploiting it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterBond, Nov 28, 2012.

1. MisterBond

Since launch, this is -EVERY SINGLE FRICKEN NIGHT ON JAEGER FIGHTING VANU!!!-

Vanu start attacking a outpost, we are defending it successfully for hours etc, suddenly 10+ level 1 NC heavies join, start shooting all our medics, engineers, and start killing anybody defending against the vanu. Shoot all our equipment terminals so we can't spawn/refill anything, get over-run by Vanu in seconds

Be outside a Vanu base with a sunderer, successfully moving in over about a hour, about to take the base, suddenly 10+ Level 1 NC troops spawn, shoot all the engineers, shoot all the medics, turn their rockets towards the sunderer and blow it up, and we fail to take the Vanu base.

This happens OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

This is absolute bullcrap, remove friendly fire now, I know its a -GOOD- game mechanic when its used right, but as it is right now opposing factions are just using it to spawn their own players as your faction, then team kill all of you so their faction can overtake the base.
    • Up x 2
  2. Dubious

an idea would be to remove friendly fire on chars lower than BR5, but still "reward" them with grief points :p

other than that, report them in game and hopefully they get spanked
    • Up x 14
  3. AetherStrike

This is an issue with the f2p model, not with friendly fire. friendly fire adds way more than it takes away. it forces players to think about what they are doing in game, something players haven't had to do in an fps in a decade. Mindless grenade spam comes with consequences, having to check and control fields of fire adds depth to TEAM play, and punishes loan wolf.

I think the best way to handle it is have the amount of grief neccassary to lock a player go up as they level. This way a level 1 gets weap locked way faster than a level 10.
    • Up x 12
  4. Protios

I fixed your post, but yes, remove FF.
  5. JimRussle

Yep
    • Up x 1
  6. IshanDeston

I suggest to check your fire. And the "abuse" of tricking your enemy in shooting their own troops, is nothing compared to the real abuse we would see of Infantery advancing through Rocketpots and Tankshelling because there is no friendly fire.

Imagine 2 liberators above a cap point constantly shelling the cap, with their guys standing inside the explosions.

Are you kidding? Friendly fire has to stay and if you kill your own troops, i suggest a bit more caution. Just because someone is in your midst you don't start going Rambo on them. Keep discipline. If they shoot at you, take one for the team as the rest of the group disperses in order not to be tightly packed and shooting your own. If you group with random people, check your fire, back away from the position. Chances are, even if he keeps shooting everyone he will have to reload after they are dead, which is the point at which you, who backed away, come in and take him out.

Problem solved.

Gee, people. Stop playing Rambo, this is not a Modern Military Shooter. (but its close)
    • Up x 4
  7. Pantokrator

FF is integral to the feel of the game. No way should it be removed.
    • Up x 7
  8. Brusilov [TR]

+1 F2P problem, not FF problem.
    • Up x 7
  9. WhiteWolf

And this is someone that didn't bother reading the OP, and thinks it's just another whine thread about friendly fire :B
    • Up x 8
  10. Protios

I've always been an advocate that bullet friendly fire should be removed, keep explosive friendly fire for all the above stated reasons. My shooting a guy in the head who strafes in front of me while I'm already firing adds nothing to the game.

In fact, it's his fault, I get punished though.
    • Up x 2
  11. Saydian

As was said before, before like BR10 FF should not be implemented but they still get grief points. If there is a pattern of them griefing their account should be banned. I say to BR10 because most griefers don't want to level a character up to 10 then have it banned in a day just so they can cheat and get 4 captures.
    • Up x 1
  12. IshanDeston

1st) there is no indication giving in the OP post that he is in fact refering to being NC. He might as well be TR.
    2nd) and most importantly, you can't join another faction on a server you are playing on.(to my knowledge and based on the complaints the australians had) So this would have to be people that join another servers faction to "grief" them, and even then its hardly a viable tactic.

The same thing applies to friendly fire. If someone does that, move away.
  13. Aradalf

Holy **** are you dumb. Read the actual ******* post. He's saying that people spawn characters of opposing factions and run around killing them from the inside.
    • Up x 3
  14. Protios

Free game, multiple accounts ain't no thang.
    • Up x 3
  15. Tobax

Disagree leave FF in.
    • Up x 2
  16. Kon

FF is required to restrict spam and totally ******** tactics, if you use your imagination you can think of some bad ones
    • Up x 1
  17. Solafide

People will cheat and use exploits until they are banned, then they will do it again..but..I have never, ever seen so much exploiting and cheating so fast after launch in my life...Usually games will ban, or rollback, exploiters and cheaters, but since there is no enforcement here, they are ruining the game..
    • Up x 2
  18. JimRussle

Uhh, it's called you create another "griefer" account.

derp
    • Up x 2
  19. FA18

Leave friendly fire but the problem in the OP, if actually a real problem, needs to be addressed.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zerulas

Yeah taking off FF for low BR chars sounds good, although you'll still need to keep the warnings and weapon lock system just so new players get used to the idea.
    • Up x 1