Cred gain too slow

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tharealjohn, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Sharmanti

Lol holy ****. 100 certs a hour?

I get like... 30? been playing for... ~30 hours and gotten 800 certs I think.

I have ~3 KDR. I am a killing machine. Litteraly. I've gotten like 1,1k kills so far. I destroy tanks with my mosquito and blow tanks and grps of people with my c4 on LA. I can go on 10+ killing sprees in seconds.

And you guys average 100 certs a hour? Wtf are you doing? Engineer and medic all the way wtf
  2. Ripper

personally i like the current speed of cred gain. it gives me something to look forward too.
    im impressed that all vehicles and kits are already unlocked and free to play, and that the base kits are competitive with potential purchases.
  3. Hetzau

My record so far is 40 certs an hour. I was doing really good in an organized squad capping both minor and major bases. Anybody who earns over 50 certs must have bought boosts as it's impossible to earn more than that without paying.
  4. Exhaltia

I can understand that PoV, however that's not entirely true. The more players the game has, whether paying, micro-purchases, or not, the better it looks for other people interested in the game, thus more revenues by increasing player base. I'm just saying that, while understandable, I find that opinion a bit shallow and one-dimensional.

Summarily, the more players, the better the games looks, and the happier the paying players will be as well.
  5. Redcleoud

It was slow to start because you're learning how to play/etc. It helps to focus on 1-2 classes max, and 1 vehicle. Do 1 support class like med/engy and another. Just need to kill to raise your cert gain, join squads, capture/defend points. It definitely helps win you're on a winning campaign for your side (ie: conquering a cont). Also vehicles can be crazy cert gains with kills and assists for example a Prowler/Magrider. And I know lots of ppl getting tons from the OP Air.

And boosts sure, Black Friday SOE had double cash, I spent 10 bucks I wouldn't normally spend. I didn't get a boost tho; but frankly, I think cert gain is fine, perhaps a tad boost, but ppl need to learn to focus, it's hard not to. What I wish is if they had a cert refund even if it's limited like PS1 for a day or more so u don't abuse it, because I know many players will play classes to see which they like best and cert them a bit and spread too thin and then hardly use a class or two later.
  6. Diirva

Except that at that point, every cert you got was USEFUL, because you could pick up most attachments with only a handful of certs, and even the more advanced things didn't cost that much. Also, you had Auraxium for weapons in the early stages, so you had separate spending pools for gear and upgrades. As it is now, I think the problem isn't the rate of cert gain, it's the cert 'inflation' that's been going on. I think we need to tweak cert costs down a little bit, and do some general rebalancing of cert prices for equipment. Because let's face it, a flashlight on your pistol should not take several hours of play to buy.
  7. SKYeXile

nah, i think its pretty fine.

[IMG]
  8. Dr. Allcome

Can you keep this rate up or was this just a lucky session?

What did you do in those 20 mins?
  9. SKYeXile

pulled a scythe, farmed infantry, died, likely to a friendly crashing into me, pulled a lightning, farmed more infantry.

and not that rate, thats crazy, but I avg 150 certs per hour. think i got a medal or 2 or something in that session.
  10. SilentTR

exactly the same as me. actually 1.8 kdr, but 100 an hour tops would accurate for me
  11. RedNoak

stupid me.
    i always thought, the more the merrier... but what do i know. i am a casual noob. i dont deserve to play this.

[exaggeration]
    the only way normal players allowed to play this is:

A) doing boring stuff like repairing the same thing over and over or serving as an ammo grunt on big zergs
    B) training my bizeps by constantly pushing the Q-key and poking everything that is red so i will get spotting + assist points. de facto earning my certs like some hobo by scraping the sparepoints of other players
    C) buying premium membership and boosting my defizit with a money syringe
    D) just stay at low levels and get the **** beaten out of ya in 2-3month, cause everybody that is left is
    1. better than u in FPS anyway
    2. has way better gear and class-abilitys than you.
    well, mission accomplished i would say...
    [/exaggeration]

EDIT:

oh come on... cut that crapp...
    SilentTR

Battle Rank: 21
    Certification Points: 1336
    Time Played: 2d 11h 53m

1336certs / 59 hours = 23 certs per hour

23 NOT 100

...really, let it be 30 or 40 cause of the wasted time at the beginning and cause how dumb some statistics are... but 100?! stop bullschitting us
  12. medbot544

Most people getting good exp yeilds is most likey prem + alpha + booster users that or just cheaters.

Or just so damn godly at this game it's insane. Give that player prem + boosts, I can see why they don't have a problem with it. Means that freebies are free kills. They don't want that to go away and will fight hard to stop it....this thread is proof lol.

Me, I personally don't feel this game is worth spending 60+ bucks a month to play effectively.

To buggy and way to many cheaters. If they put in cheat detection, I will go out and buy prem and 45+ bucks worth of SC asap. At my current rate sans prem/boosters, it will take 3+ months to get one class near cap.

And those who asked, already spend 45 bucks here but that's it.

Until they start gettin rid of cheaters, I spend no more.
  13. Jourmand1r

People getting lots of certs only fight at zergs and probably just spam heal/ammo and sunderer spawns.

If you have to actually grind certs as a direct activity, the game is too grindy.
    • Up x 1
  14. Littleman

Have you seen videos from the "elite?" I swear they're radiating brain killing waves or something. The number of times I've seen where the enemy just stands there or fires away without actually aiming at them is uncountable.

The rest of us get sniped by Godlike level bot accuracy with a carbine.
  15. RedNoak

i wouldnt even go so far... grinding is exceptble to some extend...
    so say u want something really hard. than its ok to grind 1-2 for it, maybe even 3 hours. but thats it. u cannot possibly want to spend your entire free-time to play this game entirly by grinding the **** out of it.
    • Up x 1
  16. FluffyM

I get between 25-60 an hour I would say, and I dick around a lot and avoid zergs.
    You just need to find some efficient "farming tools" that work for you and farm the zerg if you care about that sort of thing.
  17. Radian12

Two weeks afther launch people complain about cert gaing in a MMoFPS :D lol
  18. RedNoak

ok now were officially circling around in a 3 posts radius here... care to read at least the last 5 before posting some stupid advice for the billionst time?
    OMG people are discussing something on a DISCUSSION FORUM in the frikkin GAMEPLAY DISCUSSION subforum... how ******edd is that, eh? -.-

edit:
    this censorship stuff is way outta hand... i cant even post ******edd or crapp... : )
  19. FluffyM

Nope.
    Hey OP, just save up for rocket pods.
  20. Radian12

People ....get squads . Squad rewards are +50 % to normal rewards.