Steam users / launch issues 11/23

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR AlexS, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Kopzr

I've finally got it

Starting it through steam made the game proccess run for about 5 seconds. Starting through 'planetside2.exe' made the logo flash quickly in the middle of the screen.

And starting it through the launchpad gave me the following error: 'awesomium.dll is either not meant to run on windows or corrupt'.

I've then used steam to 'verify integrity of game cache' and it fixed it, no 3GB dl like the other thread, just a quick download. Hope this helps people who can't get to the launcher.
  2. AMDman2012

Windows 8 Pro 64 bit, Installed Via Steam, Loads up, fine the Launcher, Click on Play, then it says program has stopped working, and gives option to close the program--that is far as I can get with Planetside 2 so far.

Nevermind got the game working, and plays great
  3. Fowkes

Game worked fine yesterday. Now it wont run no matter how I load it launcher or through steam.
  4. Pinkrage

^ same thing happening here, was fine yesterday, now it just Stopped Working.
    Verified file integrity and still the same problem.

Edit*: Somehow it only crashes if I have my Logitech Rumble Pad 2 plugged in.
  5. MDraGc

6. shadow999999

everything works...till it says on the launcher 'install direct-X 9' even know i have both 9 AND 11...and iv gone to the planet side 2 file, which then i serched for Direct-X which i found and opened (the one that updates your direct-X) i opend that 3 times...and still...nothing iv even serched the internet for 'direct-X 9 for planetside 2' thats what I searched and...yet again...nothing just info about planetside 2 and direct-X but absolutly NOTHING to do with direct-X FOR planetside 2 iv also instaled some files of direct-X 9 but dont know what to do with the files...can anyone relate to my prob and/or help me? iv waited a howl day for this game to download just to be told it wont work -_-...
  7. freewayracing

im not running steam and my pc locks up when i try and run the game. click on planetside 2 launcher opens i t validates files i click run a small square planetside 2 windows comes up then i can do nothing loading symbol for a mouse pointer i wait a half hour the hard reset continues cycle going to un install then reinstall
  8. Jhawker

Yeah, good job telling us what you actually did there -_- some of us with the same problem would also like to "get the game working"

Only way I've managed it is by putting that .dll file people were mentioning into the game folder, but then all the text in the game is corrupt rendering it unplayable
  9. Xaxxus

It seems to be a common windows 8 64 bit issue (other games have the exact same problem and solution).
    Basically, if you have windows 8, and an Xbox 360 wired controller plugged into your computer, the game will crash immediately upon pressing the play button from the PS2 launcher.

To correct this issue, just unplug your controller.

Also another issue that occurs with the game is that it crashes when you click exit. Its not really a big issues since you wanted to exit anyways, but it does happen.
  10. ASW3ATYFATCHIC

yea i am having the "UNABLETODOWNLOAD" issue when i try installing the patches on the launch pad (steam). It gets pretty far and then it stops with that pop up. The install/play button just continues to say retry. Any ideas? Thanks everyone
  11. Jhawker

I have a wireless controller and it's turned off, I tried unplugging the receiver anyways but no luck, nothing is working for me and it's incredibly frustrating, I honestly thought there'd be a patch by now. But as there isn't, I'm running out of patience, I just want a fix that DOESN'T give me that stupid text bug
  12. Cyzre

The launcher just won't run when I use the download on the PS2 website. I've tried downloading via Steam, and while the launcher loads, I just get this error "
    LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit
    http://www.soe.com/help
    for assistance.
    (4-404)" as soon as it loads.
  13. eetama

That happened to me too, first time i launched it, it was able to launch but i went AFK and got disconnected due to inactivity. After coming back, same thing happened to me. :\
  14. HaozieWAR

ive installed this with steam and when i launch the game on the loading screen it freezes at 15%...........................help me please!!!! T.T
  15. HaozieWAR

now i restarted my computer and opened the game up again and its now stuck on 98%....... T.T please help me?!?!?!?!