World stops rendering, flashing skybox, high seizure risk.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shadestrike, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Admiral Snuggles

I get this, not overheating. 3570k, HD 6950, 8 gb DDR3
  2. JojoTheSlayer

I can at least confirm that the game will use more than 2 gigs.
    I had a very long session today about 8+ hours and several times towards the end it was freezing for a few seconds and came back. Telling me a restart should have been in order, but I didnt bother. An hour later the same thing happened and it couldnt recover. Switched to taksmanager and planetside2.exe showed 2,5gigs ram usage.

That said I use the memory tweak for 32bits OS (bcdedit thing) so it wasnt stepping out of it boundaries, but stating the game works fine within the confines of 2gigs I really dont believe...
    • Up x 1
  3. MrBigDeal

I get this too and my temperatures are very good.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cidroyz

happened to me as well, made me logged out cause oh my i was gonna die if i continue playing with this bug .. but one time it happened to me i just stopped moving for a good 5mins and it goes away by itself..
  5. GoldmanSachs

I get seizures every time a Liberator or 40 Lightnings start bombing the crap out of me from halfway across the continent. Last night I had to be taken to the hospital where I was subdued with 1500mg Haldol. I suffered severe neurological damage because of it.
  6. Lynaface

I THINK ITS OVERHEATING.
  7. Myrken

Hey guys seems like the problem may be a memory leak in the game as of now. I run this program in the background which monitors program memory usage and clears the cache for the system memory every 15 min or if usage climbs beyond proper program usage parameters. http://www.pcwintech.com/cleanmem Ive used this program in many games with memory leaks and it stabilizes them and they run as they should, it worked in Rage when that game launched with massive memory leaks for example. I was having the issue in PS2 with fps drops and textures vanishing this program stopped it from happening for me just wanted to throw it out there in case someone else could use it. Also if you want more detail as to what it does here's the description page by the creator of it. http://www.pcwintech.com/about-cleanmem

The program is free too so if it works for you I'm glad i could help.
    • Up x 1
  8. Lord_Mogul

my quite a bit old hardware kepps playable framerates @ 1920x1080 with middle/low details (shadows, particles, lightning @ low), but at this point in breakes down to 1-3 fps and all things keep flickering (player, vehicles, weapons, etc).

first thaugt: overheating, butmy hardware monitor on second screen shows no probs (all temps far away from critical states)
    in-game-chat shows others with same problems.
  9. Myrken

If its a memory leak it usually wont show issues it will either just crash or beak down visually. The program i use stopped it from happening for me and i play on 3 24 inch monitors off one card at a resolution of 3560x1920 it wasn't my card that was the problem.
    so i highly doubt its a overheating issue seeing as my case has 16 fans a custom video card cooler and the card has 7 fans cooling it.
    From the testing Ive done Ive concluded it to be a memory leak as the problem has stopped now that I'm running cleanmem in the background.
  10. FullMetalMonkey

I have had this problem several times and it only seems to happen when I have a flash based program running the the background such as YouTube (I like to listen to podcasts whilst shooting fools). My GPU temps are a little high for this game between 72-85*c but my cards can handle that temperature easily.

See my signature below for its specifications.

I'm using the latest nVidia beta drivers (310.61 - released on launch day).
  11. HappyZaps

In another thread about this problem, someone from the team acknowledged that they're aware of the bug -- even calling it their "#1 client bug" -- and that they're working to squash it.

** edit

Forget what I said about trying to toggle vsync. I thought it might restore the view without having to restart, but I just tried it and it didn't work. However, changing the resolution did bring things back to normal. You might try that as a workaround until this is fixed.
  12. Anubis2x

Video in post #112 is exactly what happens to me. I have to close game and re-open before it goes away. Sometimes switching from Fullscreen Windowed to just Fullscreen fixes it...but not often.
  13. QuantumMechanic

I have been getting this on and off since towards the middle of beta. I run GPU-Z and can confirm my card is not overheating. I submit an in-game bug most times it happens to me - I bet SOE is getting sick of my submissions :p
  14. Cidroyz

BUMP!! can we get a response here? happened to me again earlier!
  15. raw

Can confirm the bug in the OP. It's really annoying.
  16. Mansen

Nope - Cool as a fridge.
  17. KaosWarMonk

+1 for this on and to keep it on the first page.

-kaos
  18. GlowingPotato

Same here! GTX 570. 72Celcius. NOT OVERHEATING.
  19. Norts

Getting same problem here, super annoying.
  20. ALeviathan

Getting this after 1 hour or more play time. Have to restart or happens soon after playing again. All temps are;

CPU 45 deg'
    2 x 680's @ 40 deg'.
    Modo @ 45 deg'

I think it's a memory leak. I kept an eye on usage and it crawled up to 4.9 gig at one time (total system usage). My frame rate slowly goes down as well before this happens. The GPU clocks stay the same tho ( 40-50%). Only 1 CPU core running the game as well at a pretty high level most of the time.