TR Engy AMR-66 (Battle Rifle)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wardy, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Wardy

This thing is a complete and utter joke. In a world where amount of rounds on target win over accuracy or snap shooting, we get this rifle. Its bloom is ridiculous, its accuracy is abysmal, the damage is only slightly higher than a carbine so requires around 5-6 shots to kill, and the variety of attachments is sub par.
    The fact that I forked out to buy this before the trials were implemented is more fool me. This rifle "thing" needs a rework immediately.
  2. Wardy

bump. I want this fixed.
  3. DaninTexas

I like it. Hits like a freight train.
  4. WilsonMG

Just give us the option to take HV or SP ammo with it. Fixed.

That also means the Eidolan (sp.?) and the Warden would get the same treatment though, so be careful what you wish for.
  5. Cavadus

LOL, I use the AMR-66 on my HA and I can generally two shot engies, infis, and medics. Three shots on another HA unless they pop shield.

The AMR-66 is dope. I use nothing but it on my HA.
  6. DaninTexas

Same here. I rock it on my HA long range build. Love the BR
  7. Wardy

Enlighten me to your setup then? 6x sucks, 3.5x sucks, the 4x sucks, do you use a suppressor for additional accuracy? the laser sight for hip spam?
  8. Cavadus

I use the 4X scope with three chevrons and it does not suck; it's stupidly easy to use. Not the TMS, the other one. I have the forward grip and compensator as well.

Battle rifles are long range weapons. If you're CQBing with them you're doing it very wrong. I mean, the AMR-66 hits like a truck and is quite accurate out to pretty long range as well. The only way the AMR-66 could get any better is if we had access to HV rounds.

I don't know what to tell you, you put the crosshair on the target and pull the trigger. There's nothing else to it.

When it comes to CQB I just swap the sight for the 1X reflex but pretty much the only time that happens is in a biolab.

I don't know, man. Maybe marksmanship just isn't suited to your playstyle and/or personal skill. I love my AMR-66 and use nothing but on my HA; I don't use LMGs ever.

/shrug
  9. Assist

I personally consider the AMR-66 one of the best TR guns next to the chaingun.
  10. Wardy

Nice work with the troll-like personal bits you put in there, nothing wrong with my marksmanship, i find that the accuracy is that bad, that it matters little if if your crosshairs are on target or not. However, i will try using the foregrip and compensator as you have suggested and see if my already low opinion of this weapon improves.
  11. DJPenguin

battle rifles are a hit or miss for people. Your " In a world where amount of rounds on target win over accuracy or snap shooting, we get this rifle." comment makes it seem like you're still accustomed to automatic weapons. Using the engi/ha battle rifle equivalent for NC, i only run with a (some would say broken) compensator, no scope, no under-barrel attachment and do just fine. I was always the 1 guy in WW2 games that would use an unscoped bolt action so these rifles are right up my alley.
  12. TerroDragon23

Your description of this Weapon = every NC Weapon.

Bloom very high and only slightly more damage.
  13. Cavadus

Your mind is already made up so why waste the certs? Go grab a carbine.

A lot of us have had great success with this weapon. It's my favorite personal weapon in the game by miles. I like it more than the SABR-13 (wish it looked as sexy as the SABR-13 though).

It takes two body shots to bring down LA, engies, infis, and medics under 300m and three to bring down a HA. If you're firing further than 400m kills take one extra round.

Honestly, my biggest issue with this weapon is the stupid rendering problems at distance when opfor flickers in and out because the server is trying to tell my client not to render them. If that ever got fixed I'd probably get a shed load more kills in dismounted battles.

Another possibility for you would be to roll a medic and unlock the SABR-13. If you can't find success with that BR either you could always try a BR or 2 in another faction. If you run through three or four without finding success it's safe to say they're not for you.

And that's not a dig at you. I suck with carbines and shotties. Doesn't mean those weapons aren't any good, it just means I'm not good with them.
    • Up x 1
  14. Captain Demacia

at point blank only.
    and yes Ive used it a ****load
    its not good at range hardly due to its lack of damage and hard kick.
  15. Captain Demacia

you are completely wrong actually XD
    i had a friend on NC stand still at 80 meters and let me hit him perfectly in the chest with it, it took a consecutive 5 shots exactly to kill him (he was a medic), if the bullet speed was faster it would work out otherwise no its not good for medium to long range. I do believe you are firing on heavily injured hostiles.

There to counter your argument of skill with hard facts, hope this helps. to further the debate i suggest what i pointed out earlier, to increase bullet speed or allow HV ammo problem solved.

Plus if it only took to shots to the body to kill someone with any unlimited ammo BR or engineer weapon EVERYONE would use it and just slam fire it.
    Its not terrible its just not that good at what its supposed to be good at.
    • Up x 1
  16. Captain Demacia

Plus I have the compensator and forward grip I will post a video of me using it as soon as possible if requested.
  17. Captain Demacia

No he is mistaken, it doesn't do that much damage at any range even point blank.
  18. Cavadus

I've never had to put 5 bullets into an enemy dismount to drop them. I will demonstrate this tonight and post the YouTube video as evidence.
  19. 3HUNNA

I was about to buy this weapon and it clearly isn't for me. Thank you forums!
  20. JoltinJoe

No, he is right. I've used this gun, usually takes 2-3 shot to take someone down from mid-range...longer range maybe 4 shots.

At 80 meters, 3 shots and they are down no questions. Are you sure you were testing the right gun?

All in all, this gun is definitely better than a carbine at anything over 40-50 meters. Struggle against other guns under 30 meters, as it should. Slap a 4x scope on it. I also have a laser sight on mine in case I ever find my self up close and personal; works pretty well.