Joystick

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Aviator80, Nov 22, 2012.

1. SilentStrike

its not sensitivity that i have a problem with, my joystick reads the axis as button (game pad button 0 to be exact) x and y + and - all 4 are game pad 0 i don't know why, the problem is that with them set as buttons there is no sensitivity period its all or nothing, and i think that may be what the others are having an issue with and not know it.
    also I have a ps3 controller (using motionjoy program so it can use the windows xbox360 drivers) and planetside reads the axis fine on it, but it is still all or nothing (but that may just be the 3rd party driver program lol)

I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit and my stick isa thrustmaster T16000m v.1
    as it is right now I cannot fly with my joystick, I have to use my mouse and keyboard, which is okay but, I mean LOL compared to a flightstick is laughable (been playing flight sims for over 12 years)

if anyone can help me with this I would GREATLY appreciate it!
    • Up x 1
  2. St0mpy

Only SOE can help us, if they choose.

I have just posted about the tests I made here

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...fly-using-a-joystick-after-patch.47610/page-3
  3. Marder

Have no on/off axis issues on TM warthog and CH fighterstick.
    Only DZ and freelook pitch axis issue(moving view up and down like mouse, makes trackir mouse emulation useless) prevent normal flying
  4. Believer

Joystick/mouse simultaneous use is varied enough that the only way we will all be happy is if they continue to expand the configuration options, which they have been doing and I believe will keep doing until we are all happy.
  5. SilentStrike

oh ya, I am in no means mad about it lol, I love this game and as long as they keep updateing it as they have been doing I know they will get to it in no time :) I damn sure give them props to crackin down on some updates LOL
  6. Dever

Another vote for joystick fixes, thanks guys!
  7. Jawkflute

Using a X52 with flight rudder pedals (could use a couguar stick too but i didnt wanted to programm axis, maybe i would now).

The sensitivity is fine when you load a profile except in fine tune movement, but it is difficult to master it, far from mouse/kb.

And speaking about comparison of mouse/kb it is not the thread here, please do yourself another thread where you could unleash all your wrath of god on the stick users, where we are bad/unlucky/idiot/whatever... If you go on, be sure i ll report you.

Well Joystick is playable, but it ask actually far more effort to control, because the axis are incorrectly modelled, they are i think in f(x)=x+a rather than f(x)=exp(x), in numeric it give by example :
    1-2-3-4-5-6 rather than 1-1-2-2-4-8-9.
    The harder you goes the harder you got response, but the minimal you stay the minimal you get as response.

Thus we lack the minimal response control of little movement of the stick.
    And it influate too the deadzone, the response curve of the game is really badly modelled, making precise fine tuning mvt really hard to do.
  8. SilentStrike

^ you know that is quite possible, at least with the plastation controller im using, but the flightstick problem is due to it reading as a button, I have had this issue before, it litterally does not read an axis at all it just reads as a button so you push forward at all and you get 100% of what the aircraft can do, you let go and it goes back to 0%, and the settings menu reads it as "gamepad button 0" rofl
    • Up x 1
  9. FeralCarr

Yeh, this really needs to be fixed. I dont want to learn how to fly until this is resolved. I spent to much money on my flight stick and rudder controls to learn it 2 times. Kind of stupid to release this game without the correct Joystick support. We have been clambering for this since before beta.
  10. NostalgiaForInfinity

Yup, I can confirm this. Everything is mapped as "gamepad button" here as well (Saitek ST290 pro). I pretty much fly only liberators with it and try not to get killed while my gunners shoot stuff. It's almost impossible for me to hit anything as I cannot accurately aim (wiggle the stick a little and it jumps from 0% to 100%). Flying a scythe means I don't hit ***. There is no accuracy possible with the current way joystick control is implemented.
  11. Saiidin

This is shameful. I understand devs not supporting my 3-screen system (I don't APPROVE, but I can understand...mostly...) but something as commonplace as providing joystick support for controlling aircraft should be a no brainer. It's not like they're new technology, guys!
  12. Darkzero

I cannot understand why the same company that made joysticks work so perfectly in SWG:JTL can't make them work in PS2. :confused:
  13. SilentStrike

different dev team, i dunno man the more I play this game the more basic things I am finding that are just not working right, I saw somewhere that they only let people in the beta that where running newer computers (ie top end) and such, it seems to me you would want a wide range so you could better optimize and spot bugs and such
  14. Aviator80

Nowdays untill the joystick will not work fine I'm using the mouse and I've to say the mouse is more precise but sure in the situation where you have to turn a lot it becomes unconfortable.
  15. Darkzero

I'm using both joystick and K&M right now. Joystick when I need for pulling aerobatic maneuvers and mouse for aiming.
  16. aboynamed5ue

joystick sensitivity is way off. pushing the stick a little will move the plane a little like it should but anymore than that and your ship moves very fast. There isn't a gradual increase in ypr as you graduallly increase the push on your joystick. I really hope they will improve this soon because right now, it isn't viable to use a joystick. if I could swap the left and right of the mouse to yaw rather than roll I could maybe learn to use the keys and mouse but that isn't an option either.
  17. JuicyFruits

I agree completely.

Being forced to use roll on mouse is very counter intuitive for me. For that reason, I bought myself a joystick.

What a bad idea! Now its even worse, and I'm back to step one, flying with the mouse in an awkward way (and 50$ down the drain)
  18. hostilechild

Even the joystick setup is sometimes screwed. Last night, tried to map roll left and roll right to the joystick again (had them on keys) and didn't matter which way i went left or right, the mapping thought it was left :oops: not that it would have worked anyway. Still works fine in X-plane and Janes Flight sims.
  19. Selest

I have these issues too using my CH Combatstick, which is making it impossible to use it!

Also, I like to use my POV 8 way hat to look around, but this is broken! I've mapped look left, right, up and down to it, but It will only work once in each direction, and then won't work again until I go to map screen, or exit the aircraft. Is anyone else having this problem?
  20. GoAllMan

I have the same issue with my Thrustmaster T16000M for the top view button, also the throttle seem to goes in the minus with I slide it down completely, impossible to land I've got to put a little bit up to be able to do it. Right now I have bad time trying to set it up correctly.