Gtx 560 ti and unable to play... WTF?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MgdCowboy, Nov 26, 2012.

1. MgdCowboy

Greetings
    Everytime i load up the game it runs fine, and also after 30 minutes or so...
    But when i reach the 45 - 60 minutes, my pc suddenly shuts down and reboots
    First i was thinking if it got too hot, so bought some fans for better airflow, and nope still same problem
    Then i tried a new graphics driver, nope still nothing
    Have no idea what's going on, but all i can tell is that i could play the game waaaay before it got released 0.o
    -----------------
    SPECS:
    i7-3770k (ivy bridge)
    Gtx 560 ti
    1600 mhz - kingston RAM
    Gigabyte - z77-ds3h motherboard

It would make me happy if you could help me
    ------------------
    MgdCowboy
  2. ArcaneGuardian

Check your Event Viewer. It should list all computer and program crashes there. See what the cause of the problem is. Get some heat monitoring software, see what temps are like constantly through play. Getting too high? Turn the game off, investigate.

Also, a 560ti really isn't thaaaaat good. There are almost a dozen nvidia cards better, and several ATI as well.
  3. MgdCowboy

How do i check my event viewer
    And i already know what the temps are
    Constantly at 70Celsius so no prob there
  4. ArcaneGuardian

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

That's for XP. For Win 7 (and I believe Vista), just right click My Computer, click "manage" and then Even Viewer should be a tab in there.
  5. MgdCowboy

Okay so i have tried out some other things, but now i'm getting a bit suspicious...
    Could it be my PSU?
    Because it comes up with no error of any sort when it shuts down and powers back up again
    My PSU is 550w but isen't rated as a 80+
    Could it be the problem?
  6. Miuku

4GB? 8GB? More? Windows 32bit? Windows 64bit? What drivers?
  7. mmmDonuts

Does this only happen with Planetside 2 or does it happen with other games? It sounds like an overheating issue to me and some people have reported their graphics card getting really hot with PS2.
  8. ValugaTheLord

Download program called OCCT and run stress tests, maybe you have overheating problem.
  9. Dawnstrider

Weird I have a GTX 560 ti and only an i5 3470 but I can get a consistant 70-80 frames in quest areas and 40-50 in larger battles.

I'm guessing overheating,
  10. MgdCowboy

I have 8Gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz RAM
    And just a notice: I have already run a test on the heating problem, and the absolute hottest is 78 Celsius, which isen't that much since it's build to handle up to 85 +Celsius
    And it's funny you ask mmmDonuts:
    I haven't experienced any problems with any other games, until like half an hour ago, when i ran firefall for 2 hours
    This randomness of destruction on my pc seems odd
    I contacted the place i bought all my pc parts, and he said that the PSU shoulden't be the problem...
    Tomorrow i'm going to run a test for everything on the pc, because it could be the RAM, since it's shutting down whenever it want's to

Thank you for the support so far :D
  11. Dethman

550w should run a 560ti but you are a bit close to maxing out. a 560ti pull 285 watts all by itself under load.
  12. Stigma

if your system spontaneously reboots (not a bluescreen or something similar) then that is often a sign of a hardware problem of some kind. PS2 is actually fairly easy on your system currently because it dosn't manage to max out your CPU resources due to poor threading optimization and rarely maxes out your GPU unless its very slow because the game runs CPU-limited most of the time.

I'd recommend checking the event-viewer and crashdumps just to see that there aren't any "proper" crashes happening. if not then if you have excluded heat issues as an issue I would suspect the PSU as a culprit. Capacity is not the only possible problem. If the PSU is partially defective it can react like this. Best test would be to run some sort of 3D benchmark overnight like 3dmark. If that doesn't trigger a crash within a few hours then that makes hardware-faults or PSU much less likely culprits.

EDIT: if it were RAM that would cause random crashes while doing anything (including using the forums ect.) and it would result in bluescreens with random errorcodes 99% of the time rather than spontaneous reboots, so in my experience this is not likely to be the reason. Never hurts to test it anyway but I'm just saying... :)

-Stigma
  13. MgdCowboy

Okay thx with the RAM tip
    Now here's some news
    Coulden't help my self so went down and looked for some validation of files ect. in the game launcher, and when it were done it said:
    ERROR: Your graphics card is unable to play, as it doesn't meet recomendation's... Is it just a big joke?
    I can run the game for like 30 min - 2 hours (depends on random shutdown) with constantly 60 frames (though big battles with 100+ players dips me down to 50 or 55 fps)
    Getting a bit confused here
  14. Stigma

Hmm that shouldn't happen. Anything over ATI 4850 meets the official recommended minimum - and as you state it shouldn't have any issue whatsoever with running the game and keeping up with the CPU limitation. In fact it will probably be running at less than full capacity most of the time because of it.

If that problem persists I'd make a proper support ticket for it or a seperate forum post to ask for help. I don't have a solution for that spesific issues I'm afraid.

-Stigma
  15. Cimota

I would take out your GPU and re-seat it again, sometimes this can happen when a GPU card creeps out of it's slot due to constant heating and cooling.

Next check the temp of your Hard Drive as this can also throw up this error, seen this before.

Download Aida64 and look for the sensor tab, also check your PSU voltages which Aida64 shows.

It also shows HDD temps.Very useful program.

You could also re-seat your RAM modules and check all connections to your MOBO whilst your at it.

Is your CPU fan working correctly ? this can also cause random re-boots-
  16. MgdCowboy

Yes my cpu fan is working fine
    Think the name of it is Zalman, can't remember the rest...
    I will take a closer look tomorrow
  17. siiix

mine did the same thing but it was the CPU getting hot, not the video card... check if there is dust in the fan, if your a smoker chances are its all dusty... i know mine i have to clean about every 5-6 months, after so much time i cant even see the metal from the dust

for testing purposed you can under clock your CPU as well
  18. Cimota

At siiix,why not use some filter stuff from a vacuum cleaner ? the black stuff, it has slightly larger pores than other types to allow air flow, but traps the dust well.