New Conglomerate Loadout

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by irishroy, Nov 24, 2012.

1. irishroy

hello guys!
    because i mostly play medic, engy or HA, i wanted to ask you, which loadout for the medic you prefer/think it is the best.
    it should be maybe/if possible for longrange and for SR, and as cheap as possible :D

what about shotguns and rifles and carbines?
    is the shotgun really only for indoor fights?
    what are "must-haves" for the engy,medic and HA?

and if i buy a gun, can i use this gun then for every class, that can use it?

thx

roy
  2. TormDK

I'm really really really regretting spending SC's on shotguns. They don't really seem to have a positive role, as the damage they do per shot doesn't seem to justify the loss of range capabilities you get by not going with an assault rifle.
  3. Vreki

I love shotguns, but you have to pick your fights.
    You cannot just charge over open land, but must stay behind cover until you are in range
  4. irishroy

thx, but what would you recommend as a gun for a beginner?
    and i don´t want to get a another gun and another gun and another gun, the higher i get in the ranks..
  5. TormDK

Irish - I would recommend you spend your certs on skills, rather than new guns. New guns typically costs between 500 and 1000 certs, which is quite a bit initially.

If you have spare SC points, then by all means - knock yourself out :) But otherwise spend your initial certs on making yourself a better medic
  6. Vreki

Yes, no need to buy another gun, the default NC medic rifle is quite good.
  7. irishroy

really,
    thx for the answers.
    any attachments needed for gun? i know, can´t stop talking about the gun :D
    get smashed up far too often ;)
    ok, and what is the "importance-list"?
    1. medigun
    2. armor
    3. heal/revive-nades or C4(?)
    ?
  8. Werefox

For me, the upgrade priority for my medic (rocking the stock rifle):
    1. 2x Reflex Scope
    2. Points into Medical Applicator
    2. Points into Area Regeneration Skill
    2, Points into Advanced Shield Capacitor
    3. C4
    4. Laser sight/foregrip on Assualt Rifle (not sure which one I want at this point)
    5. Laser sight on pistol
  9. irishroy

gand what about the gauss S or so? i´ve seen it now, and you can add a GL or a Shotty
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

DON´T [IMG]

[IMG]

;)
  10. Draegnar

i played medic pretty hard during beta the AF-14 Torrent is legendary to me as a weapon, good RoF extremely accurate and very easy to control on full auto. Though it was renamed GR-22 for some reason. If you can max out the medi gun the rez time is extreme i'm pretty sure its around 1s, they come back with full hp and you can do it from considerably longer range than usual which is great for getting the numpties who keep looking around corners.

Shotguns for close, indoor/outdoor doesn't matter its just indoor is close by default. If you buy a common pool shotgun you can use it on all the classes that can use it though which is pretty useful for when your going into a biolab say. I like the mauler best but your best off using a trial on some.
    • Up x 1
  11. The Shermanator

I've had alright luck with the sweeper. Unfortunately it suffers from a cartoony level of spread. If the enemy is beyond roughly 5-10 meters, you're better off using your pistol. It gets slightly frustrating, sometimes, pumping eight shells into someone at what feels like close range only to get killed and see that you did about as much damage to them as a paper airplane would have if it jabbed them in the eye. I'm not sure if slug ammunition would fix this - I've never tried it.

The shotguns are nice, however, if you're a defensive player and just want to be able to hip fire when you're ressing people and some enemy comes around the corner right in your face, which happens to me more often than I'd like.
  12. irishroy

13. Swiffle

Gauss Rifle is solid, GR-22 is also solid, but watch your ammo. It shoots a bit faster. I don't even mind the iron sights, but everyone loves their reflex sights. Get the medical applicator up a few levels, you rez faster, from farther away, and give the ally more health before they get instantly dropped again.
  14. irishroy

15. Makikou

Definetly some good advice here, im thinking about getting the Gauss Rifle S in the hopes of underbarrel shotgun/GL.

Thanks.
  16. Rory

The default medic gun is pretty good but i prefer the one that came with alpha squad, i think its called the G-22 or something like that. High RoF and still very accurate. However with the Gauss Rifle S you can get under rail grenade or smoke grenade launcher. But really best thing to upgrade first is a few levels into the med app and AMS for the sunderer.