Increase exp or cert gain for healing/repair

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Believeinsteve, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Believeinsteve

I see no problem, your the one who posted "man I'd bother to read your op but your last message really now I don't care"

Fail to see your problem yet? Your about as ignorant as I am. I'm ignorant because people are failing to see my point, you come to the thread that I make. Open your ears & eyes first. Fail to do so & post a comment, I'm yes going to open you a new one. The stupidity of society today has really irked me today

I haven't raged yet. I don't rage on forums. I rage at my coffee, I rage at my car, I rage at traffic. I have plenty of time to rage. If you think this is raging, you haven't seen 0.99$ toilet paper yet.
  2. Freyar

I did open my eyes (my ears have nothing to do with it, we're on a forum), and I happened to read your last response first, which in turn turned me off on reading your suggestions because you presented yourself as someone who'll rip people a new one for disagreeing with you (legitimately or not.)
  3. Believeinsteve

I main as medic as well. My cert points have gone in 2 other areas besides the medic. The 1 cert point reduction time in all vehicles & aquisition times & weapon optics.

The only way I see that the ability isn't useless is in that case and you must have other medics around using it. As I said before, you die so fast, that using the ability is useless. When you actually have the ability turned on, and it heals others, you get a +7 xp notification show up (plus whatever modifier you have with it). This is not the case most of the time in zergs. If it is, it must not be multiplied when it heals multiple people. It doesn't show up rapidly, just once every tick.

Your first bit I fail to see why you say its different when I clearly said it was the same playstyle as mine in zergs. When I'm rushing to take a base in big fights, I usually keep my med gun out to instantly revive people & heal who's needed so that the pressure can consistently be applied. If someone dies, thats a 5-10 second respawn + whatever walking they have to do. If I revive them they're up within a second, giving me about 2-3 seconds to heal them back to full. Since I got my 4th point in the tool slot its about 2 seconds if that.

I feel as though your playtime as a medic is very low. Because you say you disagree with everything I say, but everything I say is pretty much on-par with what your saying, Your making no sense
  4. Believeinsteve

Then you really didn't did you? Please leave the thread, I'm done arguing with you unless you bring a valid post to what the actual point of this thread was. Your just here to argue with me making yourself just as immature as "I am"
  5. Mr.Jingles

I made alot of certs today when the enemy was attacking our AMP station. three MAX guys were solely relying on me to patch them up, and since i was dropping ammo too, I would easily get 30+ cert in almost a few minutes. however, it was a pretty big fught, and im sure everyone around me got more.
  6. Believeinsteve

I'd also like to make a note, that I do not have premium. And won't have it until they start fixing the big bugs like enemies not taking damage from direct hits to the chest...for starters.

And until we hear anything about account wide (at least cosmetic) station cash purchases and a decrease on the bit of weapons. 7$ for one max weapon is terrible.
  7. Arikai

Not sure if anyone has said it ( i may be mistaken ) but isn't there a bonus for healing squad members also?
  8. Drueth

Currently rank 18, about 95% of which has been gained while medic. So no, not low.

The reason I'm disagreeing despite your claims that you play the same way is that our experiences are completely different, which makes me suspect that you are either misrepresenting the facts of the matter in order to fish for an unwarranted buff, or simply doing it wrong.
  9. Believeinsteve

Yes there is, its minimal but it adds up overtime. I won't disagree with that.

Afaik it doesn't apply to platoons, which it should
  10. MagicHamsta

[IMG]

Also, who be this "we" you be referring to?
    Because frankly, the heal & XP rate is just fine. (Me main an engineer, plenty of tanks, maxes, & my own ESF to repair.)
    You literally get a free kills worth of XP every few minutes in hot zones.
  11. Kenny007

While I don't agree with the point some people are making concerning a medic who ONLY heals isn't contributing to the fight (he's keeping your front line alive with each revive, even if he/she isn't putting bullets downrange themselves), I do agree with the overall tone of the thread...

No.

As a heavy medic player, I have no problem certing up. Revives alone count for nearly a kill's worth of XP, let alone the healing afterwords. Slam F in a group and watch the XP rain in. Medic and Engineer are perhaps the most generous in XP I'd argue, as they have strong support roles while still providing decent firepower.

XP and Certs have already been increased to a questionably fast speed, no need to push it any further.
  12. IGELmitDEAGLE

Yes, we dont have enough medics most of the time and half the team is 1337 sniper or light assault. 75 exp for reviving is fine but healing is a waste of time and just dangerous in a combat situation.
    I play medic only and revive everything in sight but I rarely get revived myself. :(
  13. Kenny007

Ain't that the truth. Fighting 2-4 medics to get that revive when you're alive; they all run the other way when YOU die.
  14. Refraxktion

This. Between reviving, healing, and killing, I get plenty of XP and certs. I'm Battle Rank 14 after playing on and off after 3 days.
  15. SolLeks

I main medic / ESF and I am at BR22. Currently I tend to groundpound more than fly and I get plenty of kills / revives / heals on my medic. I believe the medic weapons are probably the best rifles in the game, and on top of that, you can heal yourself. this leads me to a consistent 3:1 KDR wile picking up / healing my teammates and capturing bases. then again I roll with an outfit so your experience may differ.
  16. Jestunhi

This.

I get a higher cert gain rate as an engi than as a HA.

I'm killing, repairing vehicles, repairing MAXs & dropping ammo.

I'm also able to keep my Sundy alive if I'm nearby and therefore get more spawn xp.
  17. Hyena Grin

OP is a bit of a drama queen.

But that aside, the XP gain for medics is fine. I played one regularly for a long time. If you revive someone and stick around to heal them after (as you are supposed to) you get more XP than you would for killing someone. In a lot of facility fights, when there is a big firefight going on, you can sit behind cover with a dozen other guys and get a ton of XP healing. I'd still be playing medic if I didn't end up playing mainly as a topgun in a vanguard. Engineer is more helpful there.

To those who say that prioritizing healing over combat is 'doing it wrong,' then I don't know what to say to you. If you are an extremely good player that might be true, but if you are not so great (yet) or are reasonably sure that other people around you might do a better job (either because their class is better suited to the situation or because you suspect they are more skilled) then you are improving your faction's odds of winning the fight with every revive, as opposed to just drawing attention to yourself and getting yourself killed by engaging.

I always revive unless I am pretty sure that reviving a person will just get them killed immediately after res. I always heal unless I am standing in the open. One medic can double or even triple the effective manpower on a site by healing and reviving during a battle.