Suggestion for future hacks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vodkabeast, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vodkabeast

I suggest we should be able to watch replays of everyone that killed us. Kind of like a kill cam. However to prevent giving away where someone is staking out we should only be able to view them 5-10 minutes after we died.

Thoughts?
  2. Rune

Everyones a hacker until proven innocent.
    Im all for it if it would make ppl stop whining about anything but their own competence when they die.
    I have yet to have a reason to suspect anyone that has killed me of hacking.

I can think of several other good reasons to have replays tho. Not needing to fill up your hard drive recording waiting for that final quickscope kill of the day. Or just an OMG moment in general being able to load up replay and watch it again. Q3 did this very well.
  3. Shadestrike

Killcams were in Beta and made sniping pointless. It is a deliberate design choice, and will not be changed.
  4. Vodkabeast

Learn to read the whole post:
    However to prevent giving away where someone is staking out we should only be able to view them 5-10 minutes after we died.
  5. Jac70

Something like battlerecorder is good for these situations. Don't know how it would work in game that is 24/7 though - would be a lot of information to record.
  6. Tantal

Unless the video is saved/temporarily stored on your computer then the resources this would require from the server would be ridiculous. The game would become Lagside 2.
  7. Hodo

I like the ide but Tantal put it best the server load would turn the game into Lagside2.
  8. Vodkabeast

Think, all they need is additional servers to store the data. 5 seconds recorded before the death is what like 5 kb?
  9. Tantal

Please show me a video format that can store 5 seconds of video in only 5kB and doesn't have a resolution of 1x1 pixels or something ridiculously small. Furthermore, please show me the magical code that will know when you will die so it can start recording exactly five seconds ahead of time before that happens, and will also know who you will get killed by so as to record the proper person.
    • Up x 3
  10. Choirandvice

Stopped reading here.
  11. JokeForgrim

Wait you mean sitting on a hill miles from the action was harder when people got a rough idea where you were? Im guessing thats why they gave you invisibilty... Change spots, then snipe away again.
  12. Vodkabeast

You've never played call of duty apparently. I'm not a game programmer so I can't show you ****. I'm pretty sure valve has .demo files which are around 25kb for 10 seconds.

inb4 THEY AREN'T VALVE.

So? It's still possible.
  13. Tantal

No, I never played Call of Duty. How exactly is that surprising?

You don't need to be a programmer to realize that it's impossible to predict who will kill you. The only way to get the footage is to record every player and then crop out the footage shortly prior to the kill. This is essentially what PBBans streaming is (minus the cropping) and every server I played on that had it enabled had lag problems.

Lastly, I suggest you look at the file sizes of some of the images you have saved on your computer. Then realize that videos are nothing but a bunch of images shown one right after another, such as 30 images per second, or frames per second.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vodkabeast

Please only talk to me about this stuff if you're on my level(College Masters Degree).

It's obvious .demo files aren't the same as a .avi file.
  15. Tantal

So you're unable to counter what I said, have shown that you have difficulty with the most basic logic, and are now trying to play the "I'm more smarterer than you" card. Unsurprisingly, you are doing that again with no proof.

This is all ignoring the hilarious fact that you claimed you are not a programmer, so whatever you have your "degree" in is largely inapplicable here. Surely, your degree is also not in logic as you clearly fail at that.
    • Up x 1
  16. Vodkabeast

I countered everything you said. & You spelled smarter wrong. My degree is in physics and programming HTML.

In fact I'm going to Harvard

to mow their lawns.
  17. Liquid23

if you are sitting in one spot that long as a sniper than you deserve to die
  18. Tantal

That's the joke. Figures that it went over your head.

Anyway, bottom line is that your idea is bad and you should feel bad.
    • Up x 2
  19. Vodkabeast

Stop going off topic.

bullying isnt allowed either
    reported.
  20. StrangerDanger

so what happens when i get killed 25% by tank fire, 25% hell fire missile pods, 25% some lamer with monkey in his name, and 25% fall damage when i ran from the tank airplane and teenager.

Would i get a split screen?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.