introduce a punishment system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FFF8BALL, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Jaloro

I agree there should be a punishment system, it should work like this.

Infantry gets run over on road - infantry gets grief points.
    Infantry gets run over off road - tank gets grief points.
  2. VictorDracul

Why are you shooting the generator at all? All you do is hold E when standing next to it to start destabilisation and then wait (out of range!!) for it to blow up. Shooting it does nothing but waste your ammo and make lots of noise for the enemy to hone in on.
  3. Juni

So, if I TK people I get spanked?... Hmm... Brb.
  4. Patrician

There is a punishment system in place; they'll eventually get weapons lock.
  5. Patrician

I'm sure most wouldn't agree. Look around you when running across a road.
  6. lonefalcon

the other day l had some one standing right next to me using me for cover mag tanks have to move to fire main gun see the problem yer l killed him but taking out the tank that was going for are sundy worth it l do it agen till ppl work out mag tanks have no main gun turret

and side note mag tanks dont realy allways stop all the time thay hover and can nock ppl with them slowly moving
  7. Tooks

Okay i've completely replied to the wrong thread. I'm so tired. My mistake!
  8. Kediec

I disagree . Quite often infantry will run round like headless chickens , right in front of tanks that are attempting to manouver to deal with incoming enemy armour , then blame the driver when they get run over .
    Granted , some drivers just plow through regardless , but you can not just blame drivers " in most cases " as it simply is NOT true .
  9. ZoiN

I think ive just run 10 people oiver within the last hour - most of these friendlies are either invisible to me, or simply just out of sight, where as I also quite often experience ATV's driving directly infront of my tank, plus ofcourse when sitting in a tank, you have no way to actually look behind you when moving backwards.

So no, I wouldn't exactly say that its the drivers fault always, sometimes I do agree we should probably hold back a bit and wait for the person to pass, though at times it looks as that the infantry unit is going to run around you, but then in a split second decides to turn around and then run right across the field in the way of where you are driving.

As well as stated above, vision is really limited, we can't look to the sides, plus there's some of the tank in the way of the view as well limiting the view even more.

Another thing as I mentioned above is all the invisible friendlies, not to mention all the invisible enemies that is shooting me because the game isnt rendering them - that gets REALLY frustrating.
  10. Flarestar

Eh. You can see what's going on around your vehicle quite easily. Hit T.

Most of us don't really care if someone runs us over when actual combat is happening - people have to maneuver, and infantry really shouldn't ever be screwing around out in the open during combat in this game where tanks can run them over anyway. The problem is mainly during travel or when getting into position to attack.
  11. lonefalcon

when you hit t in mag you get eye full mag bum the rear view can do with some changers

lol 150 certs for pedestrian airbags mind l rather have the spikes ^^
  12. Flarestar

The distance behind you is a problem, yeah. Sides at least you can see ok.
  13. WhiteWolf

So.... if I throw a grenade, and you go chasing after it like a little puppy (Yes, I've seen this a LOT....I throw a grenade into a room, and 3 allies go running in immediately after.), you should be able to get pissed off at me, press "Yes, punish my team killer" and I die.
    Or I'm up on a hill, shelling at a target, and you decide to use me for cover. I back up because I start taking focused shelling in return, and run you over because I didn't know you were there. You get pissed off, and my tank blows up. Or I die, my tank goes completely still, my gunner can't take the drivers seat, and it gets blown up anyway, giving points to someone on the enemy team.

tl;dr version; No.
    • Up x 1
  14. Llokk

I've gotten used to looking out for vehicles, and on the rare chance that I get killed by one, I usually shrug it off as being my own fault, or unavoidable.

However, I've run into some situations where I really do with there were harsher penalties. Take the other day for instance. I was running towards a base, out in the middle of a flat plain, and get run over by an allied flash. This is a flash, going in a straight line, on a plain. He would have seen me from miles away, and the effort it would have taken to go around me would have been next to nil. But no, he chose to purposefully (there's no way it was accidental) run over the top of me and send me back to the spawn.
    Then another time I had just survived a fight low health, and had ducked into a building to let my shield regen. An allied infiltrator runs in, stops 10 meters away from me, and kills me with his sniper rifle.
    Not sure how you could punish these people in particular, but how else are they going to learn if there isn't any?
  15. VKhaun

Grief needs to be cranked up.

Read through a few threads like this and it becomes painfully obvious that the entire game wants to TK and TA with impunity and blame everyone but themselves. Vehicles on land and in the air, infantry with grenades and friendly fire, MAX units are even bad about it, shooting terrible accuracy AI weapons past their friends.

I played with a lasher and made a bunch of bad nade tosses the other night... I felt terrible about the amount of team pain I had put out in one tower fight, and all I got was a red message on my screen about it not being tolerated lol.

CRANK IT UP
    Lock more weapons.

People will cry for a while but once they understand it, they'll be more careful or they'll stop doing things that they can't control. There's nothing worse than a driver running people over and blaming the people all day. If he's that convinced that he can't possibly drive without killing people HE SHOULDN'T BE DRIVING and should leave driving to people who CAN drive without killing infantry. The grief system needs to give them this ultimatum and it's not doing that right now.
  16. HittingSmoke

It's like he's trying to communicate, I just know it!

Anyway, I TK infantry in vehicles all the time. I also occasionally get TKed by vehicles. The fault is on the infantry 99% of the time. The fact is you can change direction and stop on a dime at any time as an infantryman. You can also avoid roadways and base vehicle pathways to let friendly vehicles do their jobs, getting out of the base to fight or deploying to support YOU, the infantry. You can also keep an eye on the minimap to make sure no vehicles are trying to cross your path.

Stop blaming other people for thinking the entire map is yours to run around on completely unaware of your surrounding.