Client issue -or- Connery Sserver issue...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SINep, Nov 25, 2012.

1. SINep

Every now and then client performance will grind to a halt and freeze...
    Sometimes it will recover, but most of the time I'm not so lucky.

The client is usually using about 2100MB of memory when this happens, and about 25% CPU...
    • Up x 1
  2. WolfA4

Yeap I get the same thing while playing.
  3. Twist

This is related to the more general issue of display suddenly flickering with nothing drawn on some frames. When we fix that I would expect this to go away - we don't have it nailed down yet, but we're actively looking at it.
    • Up x 1
  4. SniperFodder

I remember when this happened to me. I have a second monitor and some gadgets that show CPU usage and all that. I litterally watched CPU/RAM/GPU usage drop to Idle usage when this occurred to me. A reboot fixed the issue...
  5. DHV Morigen

Thanks for the post. Glad to know it isn't on my end..
  6. SINep

Server* oops.

Thanks for the reply!
  7. MattyBoy714

Wow, so glad it's not just me. I'm losing my mind here. Seems to happen every time I park a Sundy in a good spot and start racking in the XP :p

Never had this happen during beta. But on the bright side, at least that means the game is bustling with players.
  8. franchised

Yea that's a god thing, I just hope the new players don't expercince thi and leave because of it.
  9. tigerchips

The guy who said turning Vsync on will fix it was correct i think. I did just that and it went away. I turned it back off though to save fps.
  10. SINep

Sometimes, changing vsync, game render quality, or alt tabbing out and back in will temporarily fix it, but if you get the performance decrease of negative frames per second or freeze, you can't do anything but ctrl+alt+del out of the game.
  11. Herr Dreeks

Guildmate found out that if he switches to another resolution and back it dissappears. Maybe that's a start?! ;)