Add generators and spawn caps to the "Squad Objectives" leadership cert

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HittingSmoke, Nov 22, 2012.

1. HittingSmoke

Currently the "Squad Objectives" cert that allows you to specify a base capture point as a highly specific objective via holding Q only allows you to set overall base capture points and nothing else as an objective.

This needs to be expanded to secondary objectives like capturing spawns, taking down generators, etc. It would be awesome if it could also be set on certain enemy units, like a spotted Sunderer AMS to tell your squad where you've seen it and where to go to take it out. Make the SL objectives appear under the base cap points on the left.

It's pretty much a waste of 30 cert points and it has absolutely no practical description of what it does. It took me a damn long time to figure it out long after I bought the cert.
  2. MaxFail

Yeah, not terribly useful seeing as it only works on A B C D points. It'd be nice if it gave some kind of alert message to the squad as well when the target is set.
    • Up x 1
  3. VictorDracul

Sounds like a good idea to me :)
  4. [RGG]Dale

I think anything which makes the game more teamwork orientated is good, the only thing about making vehicles a specific objective is that they move, so making a moveable item always visible is vastly unfair.

moveable items such as people, vehicles and squads should be able to disappear and not be found by the other team if that team hasnt got their eyes on them.

Your idea of maybe making a whole base or general area (like a radius of certain area) would be good, it would focus players (those who dont follow the SQL) and should give minor exp boosts for when you are taking those positions and for each kill.
  5. HittingSmoke

So it turns out you CAN set generators as attack/defend points with this cert, but unlike the base cap points you must have line of sight with them when you hold Q. I've yet to test it with a catapult capture point.
  6. Raraldor

So you hold Q and then what? The bar going around and does everyone see an icon or something on it? I've tried using this cert but I can't see any visible change on my screen.
  7. HittingSmoke

Hold Q, move the mouse down to select the option "Set Primary Objective" then let go. It will add red arrows around the objective on the screen and on the map.

It really needs to be beefed up so it shows an objective indicator on the screen at all times, notifies all platoon members when an objective is set, and so that squad leaders can set objectives on generators and spawn outpost cap points without line-of-sight.
  8. Raraldor

I didn't see any of that stuff. I have the cert and I had line of sight and all that stuff. After I held down Q it just showed a circle.
  9. HittingSmoke

It should show a circle with an option on the bottom. Were you a squad leader when you tried?
  10. Raraldor

Yes, I invited someone in the small outfit I am in and tried out the rally smoke and that objective thing. I didn't see any option on the bottom, but I will try again another time.
  11. HittingSmoke

Try on a cap point (A, B, C, etc). Hold Q on them and try to move your mouse downward and let go. You don't need line-of-sight to them, the indicator only need be up on your screen.
  12. Tool

The current Squad Leader tools are very poor, objectives should be able to be set from the Map Screen and NEED to be more visible to squad members.

Also, any MAG players will know about the FRAGO bonus, a similar mechanic really should make its way into PS2. Being, an EXP bonus for any FRAGO'd targets set by the Squad Leader. Call it whatever you wish in PS2, objective, target, mission, etc. bonus, but it would be a very helpful incentive to keep random squad members on task if it's clear and the benefit is worth it.
  13. Freyar

Squad Leader tools need a serious looking at. They're almost useless.