Game world starts flickering in and out of existance, and within a minute it freezes (no error)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jack the Smack, Nov 23, 2012.

1. DrugFace

Same, as a guy above me said my fps went down to 0, then went back to normal and everything started flickering, after about 30 seconds everything went to normal but then I crashed within a minute.
  2. LulzGoat

I actually managed to fix this myself ingame.

To recreate my situation, I was crouching and trying to get myself through a window when this problem started happening.
    I relogged (not restarted) back into my server. Didn't work. So random idea popped up in my head and I start to crouch and jump. Fixed the problem instantly for me.
  3. HittingSmoke

I and everyone I play with gets this randomly. We usually just play through it and it clears up in a few minutes.
  4. Freyar

It's been happening to me on Connery, usually after an explosive went off in combination with massive latency as a result of combat.
  5. ImGladUmad

Happens to me on Connery...I just log out and reboot planetside
  6. ToggleSwitch

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Hang
    Date: 11/24/2012 9:15:45 PM
    Event ID: 1002
    Task Category: (101)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: GamerRJM
    Description:
    The program PlanetSide2.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: 3a8
    Start Time: 01cdcac2547adf4b
    Termination Time: 721
    Application Path: S:\Planetside 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-11-25T05:15:45.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>34465</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>GamerRJM</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>PlanetSide2.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>3a8</Data>
    <Data>01cdcac2547adf4b</Data>
    <Data>721</Data>
    <Data>S:\Planetside 2\PlanetSide2.exe</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
  7. Althalos93

This is exactly the same problem I am having also, this happens to me occasionally and once the flickering starts I already know that the game is going to crash it always happens.
  8. Twist

This is our #1 client bug we are working on. It's just as annoying to us as it is to you, believe me. We will get it addressed asap.
  9. Yutty

is everyone using the beta 310.61 driver? anyone experience this without them?
  10. Mvollingjr

I'm pretty sure that some AMD users were having the problem.
  11. 4Unruly

I am using the 306.97 driver on a GT 560 Ti. I didn't have this issue until yesterday. Happened a couple of times. Tonight though, I can't play more than an hour without this happening. One issue I have found is that it I restart the client it comes back pretty fast, but if I reboot the whole computer it takes longer. Maybe a video card cache or heat issue. Not sure. But makes the game horribly broken.

It also could have something to do with the server lag. I have been seeing people teleporting all over the place tonight.
  12. idkmanwhat

The flickering-> permanently disappearing world -> hang -> crash has happened to me several times in fullscreen windowed but not regular fullscreen, at least not so far. Latest GTX 570 drivers

PS2 also crashes on exit every single time with a BEX error
  13. gothroach

The flickering bug has been happening to me quite a lot lately. I can get maybe 10-15 minutes of gameplay in before I have to kill PS2 in the task manager (else I have to wait a few minutes for it to respond) and restart it due to this. It really does seem to happen a lot more often when the server is laggy.

I'm running an AMD HD7850 with the 12.10 drivers. I do not have issues with any other games I play.

EDIT: I'm on Connery also.
  14. Twist

We don't believe the flickering is related to your driver (it's possible, but doesn't seem likely). What it most likely is a straight bug that causes your camera matrix (which determines your position/orientation in the world) to get bad values. You are looking at one thing, but the game is convinced you are looking somewhere completely different, so it doesn't draw the objects you are looking at.
  15. Mod

This has happened to me quite a lot lately as well.

Pretty convinced it isn't driver related due to it happening to both ATI and Nvidia users on an varied number of driver sets.

Flickering -> Perma disappearing world -> Hang/0 FPS (have had both) -> Crash

That is usually what happens for me.
  16. MrJoske

Hope it will get fixed soon.
    Kind of ruins the game for me atm after only a couple of hours playtime (since release that is) :(
  17. Puppy

Same exact problem, Connery server. This is an very important issue for those who have condditions for the quick flashing of whiteness.
  18. Jesus669

I've noticed that if you wait around 1-5 minutes it self corrects itself. I have only been curious enough to wait once, and haven't gotten the issue again to see if this is accurate. Pretty sure it would be faster to restart client and grab a air craft back to where you were then to wait. :(
  19. Finnboy11

And how could it be that effects, for example gunfire and healing effects, are still visible?
  20. Kediec

Having the same problem myself on Woodman. It just resulted in my newly spawned Prowler being blown up by a friendly Sunderer as we were driving along , who also blew up .
    Guessing we ended up on top of each other and the result was explosive ......

Hope it gets fixed fast or i'll be expecting compensation on my Subscription time , because as it stands , i can't play more than 10-15 minutes without suffering from the problem , which makes the game unplayable . I certainly am not restarting my game every 15 minutes just to play .