Medic gun healing beam feels wonky

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by TheRealTripWire, Nov 23, 2012.

1. TheRealTripWire

If I revive a player I have to then depress the mouse button and press it again while trying to keep my cross-hairs on the player while they dash about madly to get away from the spot at which they died, if I want to heal them. It feels like a much bigger pain than it should be. I think it would be much less of a headache if the medic gun began healing the player immediately upon their successful revival without having to depress the Fire button and press it again. The player tracking for the beam of healing energy also doesn't feel anywhere near as forgiving as in TF2 which would be really nice given how hectic a situation you can find yourself in.
    • Up x 3
  2. knighthonor

I agree. this is why I believe healing should have been made more like MAG's healing.
    • Up x 1
  3. NullProgrammer

I agree with this entirely. There's actually way more reasons that it feels wonky to me though. As a game mechanic, I lose faith in the medic gun a lot. In fact, every time I try to revive someone and the revive progress doesn't come up, I lose faith. It almost feels like the medic gun barely works in many situations. You're always trying to find the sweet spot, and some times the revive progress appears and some times it doesn't. Some times you have to do it multiple times. It's basically awful to be a medic since it takes you 1-3 tries to actually revive someone in some cases.

And the fact that I have to stop healing them, and then start healing them again once they're revived is really silly. That absolutely must be changed. It just feels so buggy when I have to stop healing someone and then start healing them again.
    • Up x 2
  4. CrimsonDaemon

As someone who has played since the tech test, the beam has seen great leaps and bounds in improvement. Right now its the best its been. These are all wonderful suggestions and as a medic main, dealing with the gun is almost as deadly as enemy fire. I just hope SOE checks these forums still for user feedback on their classes.
    • Up x 3
  5. Saydian

Aye it's so damn annoying in a hectic situation/ massive firefight.
  6. Wombat

I wish the gun would do a better job of prioritizing targets.. Nothing more annoying than trying to heal in a group of people and my gun refuses to heal the guy that needs it, but sticks to the dude with full hp like hes the only person around.
    • Up x 3
  7. Saydian

Aye that annoys the crap out of me too D:
  8. Locke

I actually think if the person that is revived runs off wildly they deserve to die. I don't chase them and I certainly wont revive them again.
  9. TheRealTripWire

You seem to have misread my comment.
  10. Locke

My point was that if the person who has been revived then stands in a big group of people or runs off then I feel that's more down to them than any problem with the game mechanic. Personally I don't mind doing a revive and then aiming + clicking to do the top up heal. Having the beam stick on the person post-revive would be nice but would somewhat make the different levels of the medical applicator certification less important. Just be thankful its not like beta where anyone walking through the beam would break the revive/heal attempt.