Launcher will not launch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by raykor, Nov 23, 2012.

1. raykor

I downloaded the 7.8MB installer from the PS2 home page and ran it. It checks for DirectX components and places a shortcut on my desktop. I double click the shortcut and nothing happens. No errors, no process is started, just nothing. Reinstalled and still nothing.

What am I supposed to do now?
  2. raykor

3. EliteEagle

I'm in the same boat. The launcher just doesn't open. Does yours show up in the processes tab?

Mine shows up in the processes tab then it disappears after a few seconds.
  4. raykor

Yes, it shows up in the list of processes for a second and then is gone. No error message at all and reinstalling does not help. This is a brand new install of Windows 7 x64 and other games run fine.

I have no clue what else to try. Is there any official way to get tech support for this game?
  5. TheF00L

6. Arizona Roach

Hi guys :)
    This link is an online launcher for PS2 https://lp.soe.com/ps2/live/
    Once the game updates and plays you may have an issue with the txt on the menu screens showin up like UI.Exit etc, if you do simply go back to the online browser.
    Select language from the bottom right of the launcher.
    Select a differant language (I went for turkish at random)
    Let it refresh in the new language and then select your pref language.
    This should sort your problems out and get you in the fight.

Now who do ya love ^.^
  7. EliteEagle

Didn't work. It didn't work in Firefox and Chrome since the plugin wouldn't install. So I tried in Internet Explorer and it installed the SOE web installer. It then says to click the install button but it doesn't show up or let me install.
  8. shamarama

I had a similar problem, and while in the middle of opening a support ticket and writing some angry words the launcher re-appeared and I was able to proceed. It disappeared for around 3 minutes, so all I can suggest is trying to run the launcher and just leaving it alone while you do other things - if you're lucky it will show itself at some point in the future.
  9. EliteEagle

I'm guessing that the launchpad was still running in your processes. Mine only shows up in processes for a few seconds which is what the Original poster is describing. These are different issues
  10. ChaoticX

Having the same issue, proccess opens in task manager for a second or two then goes away... tried reinstalling, nothing worked =\
  11. ChaoticX

Update! Just did a clean uninstall restarted my computer and reinstalled. still no automatic launch but it is staying alive in my task manager now, maybe I will wait and see if it opens itself up...

Verified, this does work! Just takes a few minutes to open.