We broke Waterson

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by altonyc, Nov 23, 2012.

1. altonyc

There might be other threads about this, and there will likely be more, but tonight, not sure what time exactly, there was a...bug? Crash? Ragnarok? The world basically ended. First warning sign was repairs instantly reverting to original damage. Then, we noticed that debris from vehicles wouldn't disappear. Then, we noticed that the same was holding true for grenades, drop pods, etc. If you were in a vehicle, you could keep flying/driving it, even when you should be dead. Myself and a few friends flew through the enemy TR warpgate (well, around it since we couldn't penetrate the force field), and went to the edge of the world. I finally bailed because I got a final warning for weapon lock (even though there were no friendlies anywhere near me). It was chaos, pretty funny, and a guy from my outfit even got some good video footage.

Oh, and this all happened when the VS was only a few territories away from cont locking Indar. We were not at all happy by this, considering we'd spent the entire night working on it :(
  2. LtJenkins

Oh my god this is hilarious

I logged off for an hour, log back in, I'm Venu. There are about 200 grenades floating in our main spawn, so what do i do, throw mine to see if it will chain reaction of course. I'm instantly disconnected. I noticed logging in venu population was pretty low compared to the other two. It had gone down to 20% by the time I logged off.

After being disconnected, 3-5s after lobbing my grenade and quickly exiting the building of 1000 grenades, my one memory was what I began to read the chat to explain this grenade phenomenon, "some men just want to watch the world burn"
  3. jijonbreaker

To the devs: I believe it should be noted that VS was first on waterson to cap indar, considering we got screwed out of it.
  4. Tavor-21

Well that was an interesting time. TR was invincible and we couldn't destroy their vehicles or take take the last few territories for TR. If this didn't occur tonight we would have taken Indar & had the other factions pushed to their gates. All in all, we had fun with galaxy attacks, christmas lights of TR and Vanu drop pods/grenades, vehilces dead but not being destroyed, scythe formations defying the laws of physics, debris frozen in time in the air (Even had an indestructable on fire galaxy flying around the map in circles, TR tanks were indestructible (even more so than usual) & we had light assualt units dancing on top of them as they shot us, grenade spam, flash races, and other such events due to an unforseen bug in the server that appeared out of nowhere and altered the server.

We had one of our guys record this for archival purposes & will get it up after it finished rendering, but I got a few images in between TR trying to shoot me down as I was attempting to get them. The first is the most recent I had of our territory. We had much more before the error surfaced, but this was the closest to that time that I had:
    [IMG]
    The next is of the biolab we were playing around. We initially found it was bugged with the drop pods from the instant actions of TR & Vanu players attempting to take the lab. They never went away & eventually became a King of the Hill game for light assault troopers. You won't be able to see much of it here, but you can see evidence of our galaxy charge into the base. We loaded around 10 of them & flew into the TR base. Since the vehicles were bugged to not blow, they would blow up and leave the remains, but no damage would be dealt & would be in pristine condition. Same thing would happen with all explosives and vehicles attacked, especially Lightnings & Prowlers....
    [IMG]
    The next few are of our fragmentation grenades and trying to figure out what was going on in the Vanu warpgate. Since Christmas commercials are already out we decided to take on a holiday theme & celebrate early with putting out the Christmas lights. They even sparkled....
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Overall it was an interesting experiment in a unsespecting situation, but mostly we believe that it occured because the Vanu were about to conquer Indar. While it most likely wasn't due to this, the timing was coincidentially perfect for it.

The King of the Hill game for light assault was popular attempting to reach the top of the bio lab by jumping on the pods and jetting up as well as taking on the other faction; it was definitely a game changer.

Have a good evening.
  5. DerpyHooves

I was on mumble with the rest of the brigade when they told me to leave mattherson and come check this out. Was quite fun :). I think the devs failed at trying to explode the nades a couple times because the screen would flare up like a nuke went off but the nades would still be there. All in all an odd but fun time.
  6. Shockwave44

7. Tavor-21

Just to get it up there we did end up taking Indar so at least I got to see and be a part of that.
    [IMG]
  8. Nubbify

My god I love the VS. :D
    • Up x 1
  9. The Arc

For the Record,
    Immediately AFTER the game crashed my computer (which should NEVER happen because of my system) the server decided to kill itself. So this might have been my fault!
  10. ArmyKnife

We take Indar how many days after launch? Hell yes. It was a hard fight and even the server was against us, but we did it!
  11. Tavor-21

Well Vanu was the first to conquer Indar & we have the shots to prove it. Each faction did well for the battles. Here's to many more close fights.
  12. Shralla

We were the first to conquer Esamir also. That's 2/3 that nobody can take away from us.
  13. Tomb

First to take it with your Mag-rider spam you mean