Vanu owning Watterson (east server)?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Copain, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Copain

So yesterday/this morning before the servers went down (At least they did for me, dunno if it was a glitch or something), I was playing for about six or seven hours. During that time Vanu were constantly owning all three maps. Not owning as in locking them down, but owning as in owning 90% of the map half the time and everyone having to shift their forces around just to hold on.

Eventually we'd get a push going in one continent, and then I'd look at my map and see the Vanu have the TR and NC on their last leg on another continent and shift over. We were barely holding on each time. A few times we only held on in a stranded (nothing connected) Amp station and held out with them bombarding us until TR pushed them in another area or the NC go a few areas back to push them back/elsewhere.

Now I'm not saying the Vanu are OP or something. It's just that I feel when this is happening over and over for a long period of time, something is wrong here. It didn't feel like the Vanu were super coordinated to warrant this either. We didn't see galaxy drops (very little air actually), we didn't see people taking a gen and holding it. Nothing suggested they were working together. It was just a zerg for the most part.
  2. KorJax

The problem is the other two factions aren't nearly as glorius and enlightened as the vanu are.

We have ascended to heights that allow even public fodder to work together as a team, beating all odds and crushing the weak organization of the NC/TR forces. ALL HAIL THE VANU
  3. ShortySparkles

I was there on Esamir last night as well. Esai Tech Plant ended up being the last leg for NC in that area before VS swarmed it with at least 3 platoons of people which they could easily afford to do because they had the rest of the map anyway. I logged on this morning to do youtube videos and had to go to Indar because we only had the warpgate.
  4. Copain

That explains why they were bickering the entire time about how weapons were OP while using "u" in place of "you" while they crashed air vehicles into our AA turrets.
  5. FrothyMug

"The Vanu come out at night. Mostly."

It's okay. They had their time for glory. Got up this morning and helped TR steamroll Amerish. I'm sure that the kinds of people who play as Vanu probably prefer to stay up late at night, while TR players generally have jobs and go to bed at reasonable times. ;) We were just on during the day today because lots of us are on vacation for the rest of the week.
  6. Copain

Are all questions of balance or problems with the game going to be covered up with Role players?
  7. MartianDiscoFish

It's probably by luck that the Vanu on your server already have their sundy AMS' and other fancy unlocks,
    This always happens after character wipes, like when the NC owned everything after the Esamir update,
    Give it a week or so and your empire will have more AMS' and will become more organised.
  8. siiix

AND at that point vanu had the lowest population too... just 1% but still

it was surely spooky

funny enough it was like 6am est :)
  9. evil713

There are two beta outfits on watterson, all vanu, who know how to kick ***. Getting up to our cert level will take time.
  10. ShortySparkles

DvS is on Waterson as well and if it wasn't for them then Vanu would have won a lot sooner. It took three platoons of Vanu and TR combined to take Esai Tech from the NC after 3 hours of continous combat for it. I got a LOT of free kills from those oh so 'skillful' Vanu.
  11. Melicalol

Vanu are freakin out# in Waterson, and BOTH NC AND TR are cheaters who team up. they literally keep going at it on VS and never fight each other. I am gonna go to sleep wake up @ 6am to fight with our fellow chinamen!