Pilots speed hacking

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Superdano, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Superdano

Yesterday was the first time I saw pilots use this program. Pilots would use a speed hacking program once you lock your missile onto them and speed away. Is their a report function in the game, or what can a player to so Sony will be able to stop this? Any suggestions? I play on Connery, but I am sure it is on all servers..
  2. bsheep9

can you be more specific? are you talking about fighter's air-to-air missles?
  3. Sworaven

A video would help a lot. Not really sure what you're talking about.
  4. Superdano

Yes, when you lock on your fighter a2a missiles, the pilot your targeted starts to skip forward at great speeds. It almost looks like lag because of the warping, but you can see them jumping forward through the air. The missiles never make contact with the target and there is no way you can keep up with them.
  5. Superdano

I have never made a video, how would I go about doing this?
  6. Sworaven

How can you be sure it's not lag?

There is an ingame vid-recorder, but I've never used it tbh.
  7. ShavedApe

Im pretty sure the default key for video capture is page up someone please correct me if Im wrong.

You can of course use programs like dxtory or fraps but from the beta I remember the in game working fine and it will even upload it to youtube for you.
  8. shota

fraps or video capture in game options
  9. Superdano

It doesn't appear to be lag, due to the fact that they never use it when you fire at them with your normal guns. I can be firing at the target and keeping up with them just fine, but as soon as I lock on, they shoot through the air and it's hard to miss. I will try to use the in game recorder, to give you guys a better idea of what I am talking about.
  10. Lohaal

you sure it is speed hacking and not lag mixed with afterburners? i know a number of reavers were getting away from my missiles by hitting afterburner and keeping their finger on it - infact i learnt from them and try to do the same thing when i get locked onto now.

dont get me wrong - not saying people are not speedhacking just have not seen it myself, which of course means nothing :p
  11. Romalic

ive gotta admit in the last day i have seen this, more and more, i assumed it was a lag issue at first as i play on miller, but even in the times when lag isnt there it happens and its always someone with a really long random letter number like name

you roll up on a base, maybe 20-30 people, there is a long fight back and forth for control then a few ESF appear, suddenly its just a massacre, you redeploy with the MAX AA or AA missles for the heavy, im watching people lock on with missles and fire, suddenly the ESF will shoot off so fast that hard to follow, the missile will fly on for a sec or two then fade away, 5 secs later the ESF is back, ive seen it happen more than id like, its plainly faster than afterburner, probably 4 or 5 times as fast, literally out of sight before the missle gone 20 feet, and unlike other lag problems recently all the other players on the ground move around normally, no rubber banding or warping at all

its hard to put down to a 'bug' or lag as it seems to come and go only when its helpful to the pilot, ill try to record some video if i see it again
  12. Gaseous Snake

Great, so now we have UFO's in PS2.
  13. Badname2490

Afterburners : hacks now I guess.
    • Up x 1
  14. General Epeen

This.
  15. Yoroi

If they are constantly tapping afterburners their speed is constantly changing, and since your client is most likely trying to predict the movement during the lag this results in warping after synchronization with the server. My guess.
  16. Ziden

I have seen this more and more lately. Not only from ESF's but from infantry as well. Warping 10-20 meters (infantry) and you can hit them whenever they pop up, but they only show up for a moment.

What the OP is referring to is beyond traditional latency/afterburner effect. It's a purposeful deterrent from anti-air. The individual will warp 100 meters and back, up and down, then when the rocket is gone, the pilot goes back to normal. Most pilots turn on afterburners and run or get behind cover, but these pilots do not.
  17. FoolishFoolish

He's referring to people lag switching which can be done with either software or hardware and its sadly getting worse and worse as this game lack any type of prevention to exploiting it (most MMOs have a simple one which is to boot peoples who ping spikes back and forth to character selection)
  18. JokeForgrim

Why don't people just play the game?

I never understood people in bf3 who would deliberately lag out their internet connection to get the advantage in client side hit detection. It just makes everyone annoyed, and you cant really be proud of winning like that can you?

Then again judging by all the people who would use weapons they knew were OP just to get a good stats I guess some people have no sense of self-respect.

I guess bragging rights are more important to some people than actually earning them.
  19. LameFox

That's what I was thinking of too. I'd like to see a ping kick implemented in this game.
  20. FoolishFoolish

You have to understand its people seeing a weakness in the game and exploiting it they don't play for sportsmanship or fun they play to get wins no matter how, this is something the dev's have to prevent as people like that will always suck and always have people have been doing this for a long time though its become alot more common with software programs that can do it instead of the old switches people use to add to their Ethernet cable connection and flip on and off.