Frames per Second FIX * Worked for me *

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bigslim, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Bigslim

Ok so i was only getting about 25-30 fps before i did this. And then i watched a vid on youtube and tried it and I now get 35-50

So close the game down completely. Open windows explorer. Click on Local Drive C:

Then click "Users"
    Then "Public"
    Then "Sony Online Entertainment"
    Then " Installed Games"
    Then " Planetside 2"

Then Scroll all the way down till you see a file named "UserOptions". Should be a little note pad looking thing with a gear on it.

Open it. Then scroll down and under the title "Rendering" there should be a line listed like so:

RenderDistance= -1.000000

Change the -1.000000 (or whatever the number is) to 1000.

Hit save under file. Exit the file.

Then start the game up and you should notice an increase in FPS
    • Up x 1
  2. Kensharma

I even set mine to 750.

The lower, the better the fps. Just remember, the lower the settings the less distance youll be able to see thru that sniper scope of yers.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kensharma

Steam Users:

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2
    or
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2

Depending on if steams on your C or D drive.

It's located there.
    • Up x 2
  4. Bigslim

Yea but the default setting at -1.000000 allows the game to decide the number. Therefore slowing the fps down. Changing it to a number such as 1000 or even 750 like you will increase your FPS people. Give it a whirl
  5. Bigslim

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2

For the more computer literate peeps ;)
  6. Dawnstrider

I have my settings on High, the Render distance for me was 99999.00000!

Set it to 3000, seems like thats the max draw distance anyway
  7. Basilisx

So the default setting causes the game to dynamically change the drawdistance where as a static value of 1000 gives me the maximum drawdistance + more fps ?
  8. Kensharma

Indeed.
  9. Cenumis

Has there been any SOE official that has said nothing renders past 1000?
  10. Bosjem

Modify the render distance to a fix value (1000, 750 or even less) was one of the official solution given to us by devs during beta to increase fps. I think that there are things that can render at higher distances than 1000 but you'll notice that only flying I think. I set mine to 1000 (as I did during beta) and works well for me (getting around 35/45 fps in major fights with all on high settings - my problem is the CPU not the GPU).
    Another thing that increased my performances was unparking all the cores of the CPU. There was a good thread in the beta forums but now is gone. Try to google it and you'll find some info.
  11. Dawnstrider

Just like to say I went into game with 3000 Render distance. It broke my game....

nah jokes, I got a whopping 90 fps at warp and 60-70 while flying my scythe around. Got into a few fights too lowest I saw it drop was 58 :D
  12. Freyar

13. Freyar

Changinng that to 750 helped a little, but has caused some other problems.
  14. PirateCrayons

I set mine to 1000, and I gotta say HUGE performance boost with no game play problems.
    Try it out. Seriously. SOE should make this the default render distance.

I used to be able to take off straight vertically from the warp gate and see the VS warp gate from there. I mean, no entities (buildings, players/vehicles) render outside of about 1000, so no downside in game play and getting 45-60 FPS at the crown on indar (aka the most hectic place ever) on a GTX 560 2gb is like a big cake.

At the crown on 999999 render distance (basically rendering all 64 km of the map ._. )
    I would usually get low 30's and even down in the 20's.

THIS FIXES the biggest problem in this game.
  15. Vorthian

My RenderDistance was also set at 99999. After setting it to 3000 I found a vast improvement and was still able to snipe from a goodly distance away.
  16. Acceleratio

Id like to do it but there is still no word on manipulating the User.ini
    Is it allowed or not?
  17. DeltaGun

Allowed.
  18. Moxin

If you set it to 1000 or less you will get problems with your distance view and maybe with the rendering of enemy players.....I did try it but I cant play with these settings, the horizont is blurred and you cant see far. You can change the settings that low so you see only 1m ahead of you and everything is white around.
  19. Bags

No change in performance here.
  20. Sturmhardt

Of course it is allowed, it's standard procedure in every PC game. If they don't want people to tweak stuff that's in there they can just remove it from the useroptions.ini, so everything that can be modified there is INTENDED to be modified.