immediately regretting camo purchase

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IBleedblueyellow, Nov 22, 2012.

1. IBleedblueyellow

500 sc for something that looks like it threw up neon green on my original uniform. they didnt even bother to completely change your outfit. so now not only are you your original color but bright green as well....freaking rainbow bright

pattern looks nothing like the sample.......reeeeeaaaaalllly bad
  2. IBleedblueyellow

i will say that my alpha camo looks great, especially NCs version
  3. wtfhax

Give some pictures of the sample, and what you look like.
  4. GamerOS

Personally I think most look great, it depends on the class and the camo tough.

NC Medic with Sandy Scrub camo and Composit Armor/Helmet
    [IMG]

Same with Temperate Forest
    [IMG]

Again with Rocky Thundra
    [IMG]
  5. PLZAXBB

The problem here is that you can`t preview the camo pattern, nor get a refund.. That is a freaking ripoff in my book
    • Up x 6
  6. LordTankT9

I'm mostly pleased with my Galaxy giraffe camo.
    • Up x 2
  7. IBleedblueyellow

hmm perhaps my problem is my texture settings are medium? cause yur pics look alot better than my camo....thing is in your pics the nc armor colors arent showing, on my camo it comes through the camo pattern alot
  8. GamerOS

That could be it, I'm currently playing at high settings and the one time I played medium the quality of camo deteriorated a lot.
  9. Arkenor

Some of the camos look pretty nice. My main concern is that if I'm not wearing the "team colours", it might result in getting shot up by my allies a lot more.
  10. Pinback

how it looks is really class dependent. I've noted that heavy assault looks terrible with most camo (max and ultra detail).
  11. StrangerDanger

No preview on my character means no buy in my book.

I have seen some tanks rolling around in some good looking camo however. Might consider that.

Is it really that difficult to have them model the camo/deco gear on your actual character before spending $5 on it?
  12. DJPenguin

a character preview really is needed for the camo. i can't imagine most VS who bought one would have if they could see just how ridiculous the purple goes with most of the patterns.
  13. Orsonweaver

My problem with camo is that the first camo I bought "Giraffe Armor Camo" was actually a mislabeled weapon camo.
    After finding that out I picked up the sandy scrub camo only to find out that it only covers part of the armor and leaves big sections still red and gray. Oh yea, and all the camo is character based.
  14. Synmetric

15. wave

[IMG]

I like Pine camo.
  16. iGamer1990

lol funny thread
  17. Fuse

But you know this before buying, so...
  18. Orsonweaver

I did not know I was buying Giraffe Weapon Camo, the name of the Camo was Giraffe Armor Camo, and the description said it was armor camo, yet it can only be applied to weapons.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  19. Fuse

"This" in my post refers to the facts you pointed out, that you cannot preview or get a refund... Why do you think I used that quote?
  20. PLZAXBB

You don`t know know it`s character bound, You don`t actually see how it looks like on your character... It is more of a gamble then a purchase... Buy something and then you`ll see if you actually like it... But, NO REFUNDS!!!