My alpha squad review

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tatum, Nov 22, 2012.

1. GZA

99% of the time $10 = 1000 station cash. Yes there are temporary promotions that pop up now and then but they're exactly just that - 'promotions'. Also what you're essentially asking for is a $15 freebie in a package worth $40, where you're already getting other freebies. If SOE started giving out one month memberships in the AS, barely anyone would purchase a membership in the first month of the game bar the very small minority who buy 6 months upfront for the 50% xp boost. Its just not financially feasible.
  2. Ryloxx

So now the priority queue alone is worth 15$... are you working for SOE? 99% of the time is still 99% of the time, why even bother arguing something that is a fact. You can slap whatever name on it you'd like, the fact is you are getting 3x what they would consider "normal". I'm not even going to explain how ridiculous that is, I will challenge you to find me one example in real life where this actually happens. Show me where I can get 3x the value of something and still have it worth the same amount after the fact.

To your second point which was thought through just as well as your first. Honestly I'm still trying to comprehend what you are even getting at there. If Alpha Squad got a free month, they go bankrupt? Of the people who bought Alpha Squad, how many do you think bought a month sub right away? I can tell you I'm not short on cash, and I still won't bother doing it my first or probably even second month. It just isn't worth it, plain and simple.

I'm not asking for a one month membership, I'm asking for a small time of priority queue.
    (At the very least an option to buy a "Priority Queue" pass or something alone, would be fine)
  3. ShriekXL

4. Bogarth

Alpha squad is really good if you had planned on playing Vanu. It gives you the one of the best Assault Rifles as well as the VS bolt driver equivalent (1 headshot kill on any infantry). The carbine and LMG are whatever, but it's nice to have options.
  5. GZA

You've confused me as to your '3x' point, not sure what you're getting at tbh.

But no, the membership isn't just to get priority login - you're also paying for an xp boost, passive cert gain and 500sc a month amongst other things I can't remember. So to say you're paying £15 for just priority login is a tad bit hysterical.

And yes I'm sure they wouldn't go bankrupt if they offered a month free with AS...heck they probably wouldn't go bankrupt if they offered 3 months free, but the point is - why would they? SOE aren't a charity and they're going to want to make as much dinero as they can from this venture. Which means it doesn't make sense for them to start gifting people one free one month memberships in addition to the bonuses they already get with the $40 worth of SC in the AS. Also remember that the game itself is completely free.

And no I don't work for SOE. In fact I've probably been one of their most harshest critics (disgruntled and bitter SWG and PS1 veteran). I just think folk are being needlessly greedy with their additional demands.
  6. Ryloxx

Yet again you've just skimmed the post and offered up the exact same line as before. I will leave by saying the only point I was ever getting at, is that it makes no sense for anyone with Alpha Squad to buy a sub right away. I even offered a suggestion as to how they could make the priorty queue part of the micro transactions.

I don't see how the 3x is confusing either. If you can buy 3 of something where usually you can only buy one of something, it's value is less. It doesn't matter how short of a time period this happens for, the fact is it is happening.
  7. GZA

I'm an alpha squader who's bought a sub - not saying I'm the consensus, but there's plenty of reasons why you'd also sub - the extra xp boost, the steady income of certs and SC, the priority login.
  8. Raquel

paying and being treated as a freeloader isnt good for PR either, neither is paying and still not being to play.