Cloaking Changes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vahnias, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Vahnias

I know it goes without saying that in the original planetside when you were stealthed you'd have to manually drop the field in order to use your weapons.

All I'm saying is it puts a huge disadvantage to a players enjoyment of the class when they have paper thin armor, no ability to melee while stealthed at all, AND you press the trigger ten times while your enemy pumps you full of holes because you forgot to hit the button.

I'll say this once and hope someone picks up on it. I really hope it changes, and if it doesn't I'll still enjoy playing the class.

BUT FIRING YOUR WEAPON SHOULD BREAK STEALTH, NOT BE PREVENTED BECAUSE IT'S ON.

Sorry Mister Bond, but it seems you fell into my devious death trap because your stealth field was activated. Too bad your laser watch doesn't work while it's on.

This is stupid! It puts a complete trip up in the act of being fast and discreet. It puts a big stop in the middle of otherwise high paced, and very risky combat. It needs to be changed! I know the veterans will tell me to stop pissing and moaning, but putting hurdles your players don't want into the game versus hurdles they like, like the leveling system, just makes a new and very fun free game feel clunky for the smallest of very important moments.

Your call. My piece is said.
  2. Ghoest

I really hated it when I first experienced it in beta.
    But after a little practice it isnt bad at all.

You learn to automatically toggle stealth much like you learn toautomatically toggle the HA shield.
    • Up x 1
  3. m44v

I find it silly that you complain about the manual decloak instead of the broken cloak that's so visible to the point of being useless.
  4. Lairosen

The cloak would be overpowered for sniping if you can aim and fire while cloaked then instantly recloak
    i do think they should allow the knife to be used while cloaked though
  5. Ghoest

Apparently you havent used it much.

Some players see - the majority of players either dont see it or cant seer it well enough to shoot at it. The trick is to keep moving.
  6. ToggleSwitch

This was pointed out numerous times in pre-release. Cloakers could be spotted when settings were set to 'High' as opposed to 'Low'. Don't know if that's changed because I don't use 'Low' settings now.

The IRNV scope is a great way to spot cloakers as well.
  7. Ribonucleic Acid

it is still way too easy to spot on medium/high settings and virtually impossible unless at melee range if youre on low. it needs to get fixed.
  8. m44v

You're wrong, the issue at hand is that the cloak being useless, I don't have it on most of the time. So when I have to shoot I'm not cloaked. And I do CQC regularly.
  9. Ghoest

Im not sure Im wrong but I did not realize that seeing it varied so much by graphic setting.

It does seem to be a problem I agree.