That Moment You Realize You Can Hold Your Breath With Shift

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Raithwall, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Raithwall

щ(゚Д゚щ)

Anyone else not figure out this gem for awhile?
    • Up x 4
  2. GraphicJ

Almost all modern and even old First Person Shooters have this function. o_O
    • Up x 2
  3. emeraldmoonx

I didn't figure it out until trying to press random keys to see if it works lol. Was happy to find that out.
  4. notyourbuddy

That moment would be right now.

(i have been crouching when I snipe thinking that was the only way to lessen the bobbing)
    • Up x 1
  5. anaverageguy

I didn't know for a long time during beta.. but it doesn't help much with semi-autos lol. It's much easier to just compensate for sway, but it's awesome for bolt actions.
  6. Zourin

With TR semi-autos, I figured you can get 3 shots off in one held breath if you can get on target fast.

That said, I still prefer bolt-action. One semi-auto bullet is an advertisement that you're being sniped. One bolt-action bullet is a notification that you have been sniped. Any bullet that misses is just noise that doesn't really give away your position if you duck fast enough.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mansen

Figured it out immediately - First time I ran the beta client I spent a good 20 minutes setting my keybinds. :D
  8. Snugglebear

How about that moment when you are in a dog fight and go to reload but hit "E" instead. Then spend the next 15 minutes rebinding keys to prevent it in the future. ***I'm still a terrible pilot.***
    • Up x 2
  9. Ymaros

Personally the moment I hear a bullet I just run. It's strange how people near no action at all, can't hear you shooting them 10 cm from their heads, are 90% PS2 players not playing with sound or what?

I agree with you, bolt action is better (or it better fit with my playstyle, I don't know)
  10. zijin_cheng

First thing I do is cloak+run. Sometimes I play in the mornings, so I have to turn the volume down so that a tank exploding has the same volume as the default sniper rifle, so I wouldn't hear small arms fire
  11. TatharNuar

It never really changed my game any. The wandering crosshairs are easy to predict, so I could still get headshots without holding my breath.
  12. kryvian

Never really bothered with snipers, when I did I just did my best to fire when it swayed over the target, and have gotten at an acceptable level wile at it.

I just realized this today. Hallelujah moment.
  13. Dramma Lamma

Seriously.

This needs to be part of the new tutorial system if it's not already.
  14. Vaphell

:D
    pro tip: always go to settings and look what keys the game has to offer :) can't go wrong with that
    • Up x 1
  15. Bloodmyth

Yeah I do that naturally too as I have tons of mouse buttons (Naga) and OP it must have been sending you nuts to play like that lol ;)
  16. Hoki

I used it out of force of habit from BF3, would have been more surprised if it wasn't there.
  17. MonnyMoony

I didn't figure this out for a while (I don't play many FPS games). I got pretty good at sniping too even without it..........so it was a revelation when I found out about the shift key.
  18. Frosty The Pyro

My first action in just about any game is to go in and fiddle with the keybindings, because WASD is for losers. So it was listed there, so I knew from more or less the begining.
  19. gommer556

how is WASD for losers? it is the best setup to have access to the most comfortable and natural keys. anything else, like TFGH (or something) makes all the keys misaligned and is just weird.

i use a Razer Nostromo anyway so i dont have this problem but still...
  20. Rigsta

I knew it straight away, but thought I'd reply just to acknowledge that awesome emote :D