Sound is weird

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Snow, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Snow

Since launch I have something that the sounds cuts out randomly. Just the overall sound goes the mumble from the outfit is fine. What I mean is if I for example shoot I dont hear myself shoot, if i get shot I don't hear any sound. Sometimes it comes back but then it is very laggy.

I will upload a video of me flying in my mossy and then you hear the weird sound.

So my question is. Is it my computer being weird or because the server has lag my sound has lag?

Things I already tryed.

Downloaded newest NVIDIA drivers. ( and also trying the old one's)
    Validate game assest's
    Update my sound drivers
  2. Snow

UPDATE:

i have it mostly when I am in first person view on vehicle's. 3rd person I don't hear it
  3. Snow

here is the video with my problem

Please someone help me cause it is very difficult to concentrate on playing with this weird sound issue
  4. Mansen

That certainly doesn't sound right.

Try opening the UserOptions.ini file in your Planetside 2 folder (launcher has a "open game directory" link) and add the following line to the [Sound] area.

MaxVoices=30
    • Up x 1
  5. Toxicmix1

30.....really.... personaly i have it at 48.....no need to go with less
  6. Toxicmix1

disable exclusive mode in device sound properties......do you have any sound card install?
  7. Mansen

We're trying to find the cause here, Toxic. Not tune for performance :p

Of course he does - otherwise there would be no sound. :rolleyes:
  8. Toxicmix1

:D.....try disable the exclusive mode......ok......any non onboard audio?....lol
  9. Snow

exclusive mode disabling didn't fixed it
  10. Snow

Still no cure found.
  11. Snow

This fix it! didn't try it yesterday but It worked!