Server Switching

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AnUnnamedPlayer, Nov 21, 2012.

1. AnUnnamedPlayer

Are we not going to be able to switch servers? I have made a character and spent some station cash on him already in one server, and later finding out that a couple of my friends are on another server, but if i were to switch, all those purchases would go to waste. I don't understand why SOE doesn't offer server switches for at least a little time as the game is just launching, but since they can't live without money, they could at least add the option to pay for a server switch. Or go like GW2 and give free server switches for the first 3 or 4 days after launch, then make switches cost money.
    WHY ON EARTH WOULD THERE NOT BE SERVER SWITCHES?
  2. Khorneholio

Why would you not make sure you're on the server you wanted to stay on before spending any cash?

For what it's worth, I hope they offer server switching services, but you can't be mad at them for not offering a service they never even suggested they would offer.
  3. Lord Gentlecrab

How bout make everything universal. Just keep it simple, 1 pool for all your certs shared among all your characters regardless of what server you are on. I don't understand why certs are divided up the way they are. By having it separated it just creates incentive for players to only stick with 1 character/server cause they don't want to start at zero certs again. Does sony like make commission or something when you play on 1 server versus another??

You might as well make certs specific to each class or weapon at this point too. I mean, why not?
  4. AgentRev

The sole purpose of splitting players across "servers" is to prevent continents from becoming overpopulated. As such, I find utterly stupid the idea of constraining a character to a single server if others have room for it.

The only difference between servers is the ping. There is absolutely no possible gameplay or technical reason as to why am I not able to freely choose whatever server I wish to play on with my main character at any given moment.

I paid 40 bucks for Alpha Squad, yet I can't use my main char to play with friends from West coast.

Fix your stuff, SOE.
  5. Smudge202

This is argued constantly. Why does it need a new thread?