Game won't start when clicking "Play"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Loxoq, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Loxoq

So, I've recently downloaded PS2 from the website, the launchpad starts as it's supposed to do but when I click "Play", I get this sudden splash screen, the pad says "Game is starting, please wait" for a few seconds then the splash screen disappears. Some seconds after that the launchpad also disappears. I don't get any feedback whatsoever, no errors or something like that. I've tried it with my firewall off and I've ran it as admin.

Running the computer with XP, I'm out of ideas what to do, some advice would be great!
  2. Schmitty21

I have the same problem except launchpad just stays on the Game is starting screen for several minutes before disappearing. If I try to run the game .exe I get a splash screen for half a second and then it disappears. No errors. Running in admin mode does nothing. I've updated my video drivers twice now. Nothing works.
  3. Everlast

I get into game fine but nothing happens when pressing play and i cant make any new chars on any server.
  4. SharpShooter73

Every time I try to play the splash screen opens then disappears. Then it says my Planetside2.exe has stopped working. I don't know what's happening. Please help me!
  5. Bregor

I've got the same problem. Validated my files but that didn't sort anything either.
  6. Red-XIII

+1
    Getting up to the character screen, pressing play does not get me into the game.
    Trying to create a character afterwards also fails.

Restarting a game and simply making a new character works, that one can be played.

This sounds a lot like a problem AU players were describing in a similarly named thread.

Seeing how it's character specific I doubt we can do anything on our end to solve it.
  7. Pelik

exactly the same here
  8. Brissles

Same, I get to char select/create/delete screen but hitting the play button does nothing. I bought membership then this happened -- it was working fine before.

Might be worth noting that you can connect to any server when you create a new char but that's for that single session only, once you disconnect you're stuck with the same problem for all your chars.

Needs fixing fast.
  9. ppjmortelskud

same for me, the game to crash, then the play button does nothing.

PPJ
  10. Blappy

Having the same problem.
    help?
  11. Brissles

12. D0gSoldi3r

Change languages from English then turn back...

Under the hidden play button there is a language, change it to french then back to english.
  13. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

Please remember to open support tickets to include your DXDIAG/MSINFO information for our review. You can include your ticket number in your posts for quicker access from our support staff.
  14. Blappy

My problem is when I click the Play button in STEAM, not ingame, I can't even get ingame. I can see the launcher loading but then it disappears. any help?
  15. Brissles

People aren't referring to the Launchpad.
  16. Codipherus

didnt work! still get the "Planetside2.exe has stopped working" after switching language
  17. Clinked

same here i've been trying to launch the game for 2 hours still showing nothing after i clicked the play button any advice ?
  18. stephanie

uhhhhhhhhhhh okay instead of complaining can anyone write down something useful!!!!!!!!!!!!
    like on how to fix this problem????
  19. Fatal1o1

Sure Stephanie, list your computer specs. Then we can have a better understanding of what you got going on.
  20. fishmustdie

I have the same problem too. After i press play, it just show up with "Game is starting, please wait". My system is windows 8 and planetside 2 is allow in my firewall sitting. And i download the game from steam.
    I get no ideal about this and I don't know how to fix it. Can someone help me plz...