Biggest failed launch ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by M4r3ch4L, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M4r3ch4L

I want to say that you, SoE, failed by launching this game so early.

I played well yesterday, but now it is completely broken:
    -SC which disappears
    -delay too long on SC unlock
    -New players unable to log in
    -sometime background clipping/flashing as hell, unplayable
    -fps drop to 1
    -players lags and teleporting
    -queuing system failed...we always have to wait in line even while doing a deco/reco
    - Many beta bugs and glitchs still there

By launching this game too early, you accepted to lose almost 1/3 of your new players. This is the biggest fail i ever seen in amultiplayer video game.
    Beta was great but no long enough.

Actually the best thing we can do in this game for the moment (if the background is not flashin) is "galaxies fights" new concept i invented, which do a big mess in the warpgates area, but funny.
  2. XxAirborn3xX

3. M4r3ch4L

oh i see you released the first fix: a 40mb patch...and it is only the 2nd day.
    you didn't warned us there was another beta testing after the release....
  4. SBSAlbertino

Yep it's confirmed, massive fail and they deserve it.
  5. XxAirborn3xX

6. ThoughtfulBee

Diablo III says hello.

PS2 is doing pretty well so far, given it's late Beta state and the traffic it is receiving.
    • Up x 1
  7. Raquel

That only means you didnt play many games.
  8. GZA

That's a shame, maybe they should refund us then for making us pay for a game that was clearly unfinished....oh wait.
  9. Altxexit

Well I haven't had any issues with this launch or any that you have stated really, i'm not a premium member or anything. So yeah ive had to wait in Que big deal, id take it you never played any major MMO title at launch have you, and anyway the worst launch ever goes to Red Orchestra 2.

The FPS drop is an issue on your end. Make sure you have the latest video card drivers, and are not running the game on a computer with the equal power of your mental capacity. PS2 doesnt run well on a Packard-bell dude. Also seeing your forum name, that itself confirms my statement.
  10. Aussie

This game should be free-to-play but pay-to-whinge

Will make a fortune.
  11. Millsy

This game is much worse than I ever imagined it would be.
  12. Jaloro

Yesterday I would have jumped to SoE's defence but after this evenings frustration not so much. Never mind the lag and the rendering issues, when your Play button doesn't even work then you have problems.
  13. Deathcapt

This isn't the worst launch ever guys, take a reality check.
  14. M4r3ch4L

Even Diablo3 wasn't so unplayable when they released it.
    But no comparison can be made since Ps2 is a mmofps with many playing ppl at same time on same map/server

I play a lot of games and i never seen a bad launch like this one, they actuallydeserved it but we, as beta testers, warned them and they didn't listened...that's the proof theydon't listen so much to their testers when the money is concerned.

For a free2play game, i play World of tank for example and it was well finished at the release, but i don't play much f2p games.

i experienced fps drop once but it is not due to my settings because the game work perfectly (30~50fps) on my computer, all the issues i listed in the main post are what i saw from the other players.
    But i'm also experiencing sometime the flashing background aswell
  15. Anethma

Somebody didn't play WoW, Aion or D3 for the first few months of their release.
    WoW was broken for 4 months, Aion was broken for 6, D3 was COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE for an entire day due to it's extreme DRM.
    Go watch some videos on those, then come back and apologize.
    • Up x 1
  16. Big J Money

I have some personal issues with the game too, but stop with the whiny emotions. This game is still so awesome. This is hardly a failed launch. Not the best showing on the new players front, but still pretty great. Here's why:

- No serious server outages
    - Already increased servers (day 2!)
    - game runs smooth and lag free for most (it never will for everyone; it's a pc game)
    - Like I said, extremely fun or you wouldn't care enough to post!
  17. icor1031

Biggest fail ever?
    Really? Did you play Superpower 2 or WarZ at launch?
  18. DonBH

I have had minimal issues. Certainly the best F2P game I've ever played.
  19. DG-MOD-02

Closing this down. Please keep posts constructive on these forums. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.