UI.settings.. ui.player... ui.play, ui.charactername

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Leofr1c, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Leofr1c

There is something very wrong with my client when I downloaded it. Pretty much every single option on screen is UI.prefix name and I cant really interact with anthing in game.

The game graphics are working fine, just every option at the load screen is like i am in developer mode or something where all the variable names are wrong..

Any ideas?
  2. Leofr1c

like for example the chat pane just says UI.chat name: then the message they write.. I dont even see their name.

then I go to settings and it is all the same...
  3. squid418

I have the same issue. At the same time it won't show the names of the factions or the server names (which makes finding my friends quite difficult... ;))

[IMG]
  4. Leofr1c

5. Leofr1c

another screen shot

[IMG]
  6. Leofr1c

and one more
    [IMG]
  7. Laughing Orc

I've got the same problem. Server and faction names don't appear either....

Windows 8 x64 here, Intel i3 processor on a Radeon 5870 card, steam client. Have tried verifying game files but doesn't seem to have any effect...
  8. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

We apologize for the errors you guys are running in to. We do need to investigate further so please open support tickets with your DXDIAG and MSINFO files. It may not be an issue with your PC but even the logging and system information can help us reproduce and eliminate the issue.

Lets make sure, also, that you are running the LaunchPad as an Administrator. You do this by right-clicking the game icon and selecting Run as administrator.
  9. SubEffect

I have exactly the same problem.

I DLed the normal client and then when I had this issue, despite verifying the game files, I uninstalled and got it though Steam instead.

Same thing.

I never had problems like this in the beta. Very, very disappointed.

Ninja'd by Joshua. I'm getting dxdiag.txt right now.
  10. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

We've seen similar behavior when the User DPI or System DPI settings are set too high (they should remain at 100%).

These options are found here, Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

If this doesn't correct your issue, get those support tickets in so we can dig deeper!
  11. squid418

Can you please give some more information about what this means? Can't find anything related to User DPI or System DPI in the Appearance and Personalization options.
  12. Leofr1c

I've just posted my tickets including DXDiag and MSinfo32 to the SOE-Support ticket service at:

http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask/

Heres hoping there is a solution.

And I was so looking forward to playing. Perhaps next week :(
  13. SubEffect

Nope. I've never had my DPI higher than 100%, ever.

I've sent a dxdiag.txt file in.
  14. Wilburton

Ok a friend of mine had this problem so I looked around for a fix and found a video on youtube. To my surprise it fixed it, to fix it the guy in the video opened up the launcher and changed his language to something else and changed it back to the language he wanted this worked for my friend as well who was experiencing the exact same problem.
  15. Leofr1c

Mine was already set to 100%

I am running at 2560x1600 on an ATI 5870 using what I believe is some fairly recent catalyst drivers. Its an i7 2700k. I installed PS2 to the default directory at
    "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe"

It is installed on a stripe raid SSD.

I did have an issue uninstalling the Beta, although I manually deleted the Beta folder.

Any other ideas?
  16. Ayfid

Change your language in the launcher, start the game, quit, then change the language back.
  17. squid418

That actually worked. Didn't even have to start the game, just changed it in the launcher and back again. Weird. Thanks!
  18. Leofr1c

Thumbs up! You get a cookie :D

Thankyou Wilburton
  19. Wilburton

Glad to have helped you guys.
  20. phil3995

Nice one, worked for me :)

Thanks