So there are 2 EU servers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FluffyM, Nov 21, 2012.

1. FluffyM

I don't think it needs to be explained in great detail, why it is a stupid idea to only have 2 servers for an entire continent in a F2P game that is on Steam and has faction-lock for servers. Simply mind-blowing.

I understand the concept of capitalism and I'm aware that full servers and even queues are in SOE's interest, but this is ********.
  2. OberstWilholm

Sitting in a 500 player long queue atm......
  3. Tristers

right i really think there should be some more servers in EU since a 600 queue at 4 in the afternoon is by far not acceptable when you see that US got 6, plus the general launch in europe have been a bit lacking to say the least.

but another server or two would really help in the european zone to put down queue times
    • Up x 1
  4. Kryptika

I think 2 servers will never be enough.
    A 3. server would be nice for the first time.
    the thing is that nobody knows how long all the people stay in this game.
    If you have to many servers, and the game population is going down, so all the servers will be empty.
  5. Tristers

yes but to long waiting time to even get into the game can inturn also make people leave quite fast aswell
  6. Arbitrator

"Oh man, I love this new game. I don't want to wait in a queue. Hm, that one month sub to skip it sounds good right about now..."

This is my theory. It's a valid one considering the game is free, but I was genuinely surprised at the lack of servers, especially for Europa. Regardless, it will get better once we're a few weeks out of launch. I could definitely see them opening a third however.

The EU servers are hosted by the German company aren't they? So it isn't really down to SoE.
  7. BlueSmiley

No, they believe we would buy a membership then.
    I must say, I would, but they don't accept Paypal (hysterical huh?), so I'll just stay F2P. And they'll lose a whole lot of players/potential income this way...fast... People who don't know the game and can't play will leave immediately. I know I would.
    Too bad I know what a for a awesome game this is. I'll just keep playing and getting ****** in the *** by SOE some more. (I already got 100 euro on my paypal account for this game before I knew Paypal isn't supported for THIS game (almost every SOE game is supported though)

I'm not mad at the dev team. Not at all. They did an unbelievable good job. They're so close with the community and I believe they really care about us and their game.
    But @ the people who make these billing/queue/server choices: Go to EA, they'll love you in there. I know you guys are only here for the G's, the bucks, the dollar signs and teh monies. d($_$)b (But accepting Paypal would help paying off your porsches, hummers, strip club bills and alcohol though)
  8. Yoroi

9. caldrin

its i was planning a character on each server but cant do that now unless i play on a US server... its pretty odd really..
  10. Tobax

They have plenty more servers for EU to open up as more people join.
  11. Elahhez

12. Valkan

13. Elahhez

There you go.. ;)
  14. Valkan

15. Falc

Well - this is the state with the EU launcher still botched - once that gets fixed .. whenever that happens ofc .. expect to see even more load on the EU servers ...
  16. Jac70

Good that they're opening another server in the EU - still, if you've spent any money you're not likely to move now. I'm on Miller and it seems real crowded, currently 600 people in the queue to play.
  17. caldrin

if there was a 600 queue jsut now imagine whem everyone gets back from work :(

it was a bad move only having 2 eu servers at launch..
  18. Tooks

There are currently four servers for the EU. However me and my partner joined the newest one due to not wanting to wait in a queue of seven hundred. But i'm experiencing MASSIVE amounts of latency issues on this new server. The population was listed as 'low' however when running around the initial drop zone combat area people were basically teleporting all over the place, which makes being a medic nigh on impossible... Tanks were sailing through the air, corpses were sliding around the ground. It was very...odd.
  19. BigHopper

yea i noticed warping has gotten out of hand on EU miller ppl warping all over the place i even seen some one walking in the air clipping trough walls its become spray and pray cuse yo cant adjust your aim for that.
  20. Jestunhi

A smart company doesn;t buy more servers because of the initial high volumes of players.

It's an f2p game, many people are trying it who will not stay. I'd rather have queues now than a selection of low population servers once the initial rush dies down because they spread us too thin.