Crashing over and over again

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by xD4rkFire, Nov 20, 2012.

1. xD4rkFire

I have had my game crash at LEAST 6 times today... I've done all the usual troubleshooting that people suggest and I'm still crashing. The crash looks like this: I'll be walking along playing the game when suddenly my screen freezes and I can't do anything. I tried waiting it out to see if it'd fix itself, but it didn't after several minutes.

I opened up task manager and saw that it listed Planetside 2 as "not responding"
    After ending the process through task manager (because the game is frozen) and starting up the game through Steam and then through the launcher, after I press the play button the splash screen will pop up but then nothing will happen and when I try clicking on the splash screen, I get the windows message asking me whether to end the process or wait for the program to respond.
    • Yes, I deleted all my PS2 beta files including the .dll file prior to downloading it on Steam
    • Yes, I've set planetside2.exe along with the launcher to run as administrator
    • Yes, I've tried setting the planetside2.exe to run in compatability mode under Windows XP SP3.
    • Yes, I've verified my game files on Steam (at least 3 times now)
    • I don't have an anti-virus so there's no way that anything would be blocking Planetside 2
    • I've allowed Planetside 2 through my firewall
    • The only thing I have not yet tried is allowing Planetside 2's ports into my router (don't see how this would be of any concern but if I could get the ports I could try)
    My specs are in my sigs.
  2. xD4rkFire

I'd also like to add that an outfit-mate mentioned something about an OpenGL issue. Not sure where he was going with this but thought it might be good to add.
  3. abstractconcept

OpenGL is not an issue unless you are running Planetside 2 through Wine.
    PS2 is written for DirectX / D3D 9.