Error Loading The Game.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Titan1292, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Titan1292

Hi my name is Jon, I have been trying to get this game to work for a few hours now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times now, Tried to repair the game and nothing happens. I keep getting the same error code. Also I have gone through my files set it up to run with admin, and went through the CMD and set up Planetside 2 to have set up as the owner. Thanks for any help I get!

This is the error code I get.

Unable to launch C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/PlanetSide 2/PlanetSide2.exe - 5: Access is denied.
  2. Titan1292

Bump, please help! still not working!
  3. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 3? You might want to ensure that the folder you're installing the game to isn't set to "Read-only" as this can cause issues as well.
  4. Titan1292

Reinstalled, and ran it that way actually just a few mins ago. Unable to launch C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/PlanetSide 2/PlanetSide2.exe - 5: Access is denied. Same error.

Please help!
  5. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Try running the game as administrator to see if it makes a difference. Check to make sure all antivirus/firewalls have Planetside 2 set as an exception.
  6. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

**EDIT** Looks like Alex beat me to the punch!
  7. RFMarine2

I downloaded the 7.86 meg PS2_setup.exe file. I installed it. It finished and I now have the planetside2 icon on my desktop. I double click on it and nothing happens
  8. Titan1292

Yes, I have the game set to auto run in administrative mode, still nothing, a friend of mine went through the files to see if the game had installed propper for him self and it seems there is a huge gap in files. as if they did not even install off of the download for him or I
  9. Prova

I also cannot get into the game the "Play" button isnt even available to click on the launcher
  10. Titan1292

Also when I directly try to use Planetside 2.exe I get the same error, Unable to launch C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/PlanetSide 2/PlanetSide2.exe - 5: Access is denied.

It is not a communications error by any means.
  11. Titan1292

12. Titan1292

bump for help, please!
  13. Titan1292

Very discouraging having to uninstall and reinstall the game on a daily basis to see if the issue is ever going to be resolved, I am strongly considering not even bothering with this PS game. Still time and time again I run into the same Unable to launch C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/PlanetSide 2/PlanetSide2.exe - 5: Access is denied. error. and I have yet to receive any information to have the game install and or work propperly.
  14. Titan1292

15. Hell5Fire

Having the same issue, nothing I do seems to fix it!!!
  16. Hell5Fire

Makes no difference, permissions seem to be denied even from opening this file directly even after double checking that there were no security restrictions and ensuring that I was admin/running as admin.
  17. TSR AlexS Customer Service

When you guys run the game as admin, does it pop up with the same error message? PM me your ticket reference numbers so I can look into this!
  18. Dutchboytx

Having the same issue for last couple of days, restarting my computer a couple of times sometimes gets it working, but as soon as I log off the problem starts all over again.
  19. Titan1292

Where would I find the ticket reference numbers? And no it does not pop up an error.