Installer won't even attempt to start up

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Akoiah, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Akoiah

Correction: I was actually able to open the installer and install the program. What was not working is the actual planetside2 program itself. I successfully ran the installer and installed the game. When I try to click on the actual program Planetside2.exe nothing happens. I tried to run it with my firewall turned off and I tried to Run As Administrator to no avail. Please help.
  2. lllWAVElll

I've got the same problem here. :(

I uninstalled Planetside Beta and deleted the Folder in which it was installed, I then ran the PS2_setup.exe which installed DirectX and created the new planetside2 program folder and LaunchPad.exe, but when I try to run Launchpad.exe it crashes straight away a 1-2 seconds later, without even showing the Splash Screen or anything.

Here is the crash log:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name:LaunchPad.exe
    Application Version:5.2.4.15
    Application Timestamp:50ab88af
    Fault Module Name:LaunchPad.exe
    Fault Module Version:5.2.4.15
    Fault Module Timestamp:50ab88af
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Offset:0006dbd0
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID:5129
    Additional Information 1:0a9e
    Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:0a9e
    Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

^ Most of the time I don't even get this crash log, it just crashes without any given reason.

I've tried running it as Administrator and with the Firewall turned off, but this makes no difference.

One thing that may be causing my issue at the moment is that my internet speed is currently very slow, so maybe that is the issue (?).

Or maybe I should try running the game through steam and see if that works for me, although I'd rather not download the 9GB if it's going to have the same issue. o_O
  3. Smoked

Exact same problem for me :( the re-download for beta players is bad enough, now we even have to wait for this :(((
  4. mahesh

same problem for me, i could not even see the splash screen.:(
  5. lllWAVElll

Ok, I have now got the Launchpad.exe to work. :)

You need to follow the below instructions (which I got from SOE Support http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36735):
    1. Click Start, go to the Control Panel, then under Programs select Uninstall a program.
    2. Select PlanetSide 2 and click Uninstall/Change at the top of the window or right click PlanetSide 2 and select Uninstall/Change.
    3. Next delete the PlanetSide 2 folder located here: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games.
    4. Finally, delete the file npsoeact.dll from this location: C:\Users\(Your Account)\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment.
    5. Run the PS2_setup.exe
    If the above doesn't work, try doing the above again and run CCleaner after uninstalling the game.

Hopefully this will fix it for you guys that are having the same problem as I had. ;)