Launch to black screen with U/I

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mauser, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Mauser

I'm using Steam.

When I launch the game from the PS launcher the steam overlay will pop up on the lower right, as it does in most games. Then the screen goes black with a regular windows cursor flashing quickly. The infantry U/I will show up...but black screen, not character selection.

Pressing escape will bring up the menu. Pressing log out caused the "Planetside has stopped working."

It's not consistent. After trying several times I was able to get in as normal. Maybe a login server issue due to traffic as I never really get to server selection.
  2. dagger65

Same here. And I had the beta which worked perfectly for me. I am running it not on steam so I don't think that's the issue.
  3. Battlemaster2

Here to...first gamestart was ok, but now it didn*t work :/
  4. TheDemonLegion

I'm getting the same exact thing. Was fighting at Zuvran Amp station and froze, tried logging back in and i get this. Was on US west coast High pop server...forgot name starts with C lol
  5. infinite loop

Same here. Was playing fine earlier.
  6. Bawmb

Same here....
  7. Wolfcp11

Exact same problem for me. I just tried in again after 10 minutes and now it is working....
  8. imTheFool

I also have this problem. Except pressing escape just crashes for me, I can't even hit log out.
  9. RamserX

I had this issue then just launched in admin mode and it's working fine now, not sure if that's a fix tho, might want to try it if you aren't running it in admin already for win7
  10. Chillz

having the same problem, beta is still on my computer could that have something to do with it?
  11. pompey606

I am having this same issue. Now I cannot even make it that far though.
  12. Kreyen7654

Same here...
  13. ImperialDynamix

same here, first launch was beautiful, played around, spent 20k worth of station cash...took a break to grab a bite to eat, now this ^
  14. RamserX

i completely removed beta from mine so it isn't that
  15. Battlemaster2

No, beta have nothing to do with it.
  16. Typhonios

Having the same issue as well, using Steam.
  17. infinite loop

Restarted my PC and got in.
  18. rpNova

It fixed itself for me on the 4rth attempt to launch game. so :))
  19. Battlemaster2

And now my Launchpad didn*t work :/ What is wrong with that game?!
  20. Frotang

same here, will try re starting then report back. I checked my Usersettings.ini file and it set to correct monitor resolution.
  21. Twist

If you are experiencing this problem can you check your useroptions.ini file (in the Planetside directory) and see if the resolution values there (FullScreenWidth, FullScreenHeight) make sense for your display? If they are wrong set them to your desktop resolution with Notepad and try again.