Until Vanguards & Prowlers have as many bounties as Magriders. Vanguards + Prowlers need a buff.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Apr 20, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

We've talked about this. Yet this time I'm going to ignore ALL of the people who mentions 1vs1 stats.

Actually forget ALL BALANCE conversation.

Month after month; I've seen 10000000000000000% more magriders with BOUNTY LOGOS!! Then ANY OTHER VEHICLE IN THE GAME.

ESP Bounty LOGOS for BR 40's. Average players with bounties.

I get VS have 10% to 20% more vets on their empire, yet they still shouldn't have 400% more bounty drivers.

SO anyone who mentions ANYTHING about 1vs1's is totally missing something from this picture dude.
    I don't want to talk about 1vs1 stats ever for MBT's I want to talk about WHY theirs 2 million more bounty logo magriders 24/7.

& yes theirs more bounties for prowlers, then vanguards, so vanguards need to be figured out. I don't care what it takes, even if vanguards are buffed slightly op at this rate. Because VS is always going to have more vets. So do I mind if 1 nc is as strong as 2 vs vets. As of now? no. I don't mind.

Because 90% of the time, it's 3 NC vets verse 10 to 20 VS vets. Besides prime time. For both servers.

Whatever it takes.
    That means whatever, even ignoring all the 1vs1 talks. Now it's down to Whatever it takes to get as many equal bounty MBT's on all servers. & these 1vs1 talks don't work for this.

Also it's the same for Connery for years. It's the same now for Emerald i'm sure for years. Magriders outnumber every vehicle in the game; as far as Bounty Logos go. SO who cares by now, if they die by the fleets and have a tough time dealing with newly buffed vanguards and prowlers.

I don't care by now if vanguards are sooooooooooo op their kililing Magriders by the buss loads.
    & I have 3k hours logged saying this.

Mags peeking over hills, where only 1 inch of their gun shows, when their already skinny shaped vehicles tough to hit on cliffs. They avoid c4 100% more than prowlers and vanguards.
    They Kite infantry 100% more often. They kill other vehicles 100% more often. They deal with Harasser easier than other mbt's. Their on hills 100% more often. They have to repair less. They escape danger 100%. List goes on.

Vanguard has a semi equal fight verse Lightnings at times. When my magrider almost never has a tough fight verse a Lightning. Always able to escape Lightnings too. Not able to escape with Vanguard.

Most fun part of vanguard? Nimitz...not even the main ability shield. Just Nimitz. So magrider get to drift about the map & vanguards get a passive 10 second buff whoo.

& ye vs tanks just killed my nc silo. so salt.
    kited my la's c4 attempts & no lifed shot my silo from the cliffs.
  2. AuricStarSand

All servers.

Vanguards with bounty: 10% of the day.

Prowlers with bounty: 30% of the day.

Magriders with bounty: 100% of the day.
  3. Aris12

Some comments:
    • Magrider dishes out higher DPS and Alpha Strike than Vanguard. (Saron HRB + Magrider FPC vs. E540 Halberd + Titan 150 AP). Not counting the enforcer because its firing window is soo much more spread out.
    • Prowler dishes out higher DPS and Alpha Strike than Magrider. (MGR11 Gatekeeper + P120 AP vs. Saron HRB + Magrider FPC).
    • Magrider always (fine...., 95% of the time) takes damage from the front in a fair fight.
    • The game's terrain is purpose built for the Magrider.
    • Magrider has the smallest hitbox of all MBTs by quite the margin. Same width as Vanguard, but is actually shorter horizontally and vertically. The vertical deficit is because it hovers.
    • Lone-driver Magrider kills Lightnings faster than lone-driver Vanguard.
    • Magrider's ability is legal rubber banding. For any other vehicle to do so, they need to lag switch. Anyhow, Magrider can quickly use its ability twice in sitting whereas Prowler and Vanguard get one use.
    • Vanguard ability (since the nerf) can be nullified altogether (i.e., there are instances where it is next to useless to have).
    IMO fighting Magriders feels like RNG. They bounce around soo much (they sweat harder than an LA with Icarus + impulse nades) that head-on fights boil down to: Could the Magrider use their rubber band to get the Prowler/Vanguard to miss a crucial shot? If the fight is not head on: Are we playing on Oshur, or the centers of Indar and Amerish? If so, Magrider cheese go brrrrt. If we're on more open terrain, Prowler/Vanguard have a chance to bum rush the Magriders.
  4. karlooo

I can't take TR anymore... If I were the developer, I would get rid of the Prowler design without any care. It is an absolute liability.
    TR forces do not need an advanced, overpriced scout recon, light tank, AKA Prowler, deceitfully labelled as something else.
    Lightnings are better MBTs. You don't need a double-barreled scout tank, which only does 140% more DPS than Lightning with Barrage.

I would just rework Prowler into an AMS support vehicle by making a few adjustments to their guns, abilities, add terminal once deployed, room for transportation... (replace NS Sunderer with this for TR)
    Their height and traverse would match the Lightning much better and would be a decent combo.

PROWLER GET IT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT!

There's no hope for this vehicle, unless, maybe if it revolves around rockets instead of cannons.... Entirely fire support, instead of a mixed offensive design.
    For example, Pheonix type rocket support, coming from a deployed tank, functioning as the station. To give it more properly described purpose by the looks, because the cannon design is just pain, even if you know what you're doing. It is such a stupid design.
    But this would require a much more in-depth rework.

Yeah pretty much that's the duel with Magrider, and against Vanguard the duel is oh I am in a bad position, they turned on shield, I am F U C K E D.
  5. Aris12

• Prowler excels in open terrain.
    • In CQC it will defeat Magrider if it gets the first volley off and does not miss to Magrider's rubber band.
    • In Rough Terrain Magrider will uber cheese both Prowler and Vanguard.
    • In CQC, Vanguard Shield go brrrrt!, nothing will beat Vanguard shield up close in a head-on fight. Your only hope as Prowler against a Vanguard in CQC is to somehow get a powerful volley on the rear (maybe side) of the Vanguard BEFORE they shield. This is easier said than done in CQC. In the open, just keep your distance, poke Vanguard into using their shield, time that shield out, then finish off with barrage.
    • PROBLEM: The Higby Lattice System + the Wrel Unstable Warpgate force us to routinely play in the most CQC, Rough Terrain parts of the maps! If I am an MBT main, then I'm pulling a Vanguard to deal with Nason's defiance at the ground level. If I'm on VS, I'm pulling a Magrider to grief snipe from the plateaus around Nason's. If I'm on TR, I'm hoping that TR happens to own Nason's so I can peek in and out of the base shields.

If it is Indar, we get a similar cluster F around the Crown. Crown, from MBT perspective is NC/VS-sided. The VS Magriders can grief snipe from atop the tallest plateau. NC Vanguards can break through any opposition thanks to their forward shields. TR Prowlers get creamed if they pull from Crown during an unstable warpgate. They do best when TR gets Crossroads Watchtower, because they can Anchor down on those hills to the north of Crown. If they pull from Crown, they run into Vanguards in head-on CQC fights. If they run into Magriders, Magrider rubber band go "I time-out of this fight by jumping from this hill to another one." Or, they simply Uno Reverse Card the Prowler by getting Crossroads Watchtower, from which they can have their Saron HRB go brrrt on Anchored Prowlers with the no bullet drop.

Amerish is the worst offender in this regard. It is undeniably VS-sided. When VS get the Ascent at the beginning, the Magrider cheese is unbearable. Say you get to pull MBTs from the Bastion to the northwest of Ascent. To get to Ascent, you climb a steep road to LithCorp Central, then take a left towards Ascent. The Magrider griefes can setup on the hills/rocks above that road and deal damage, whereas the tanks driving up the road cannot aim up due to their turret elevation limits. The reverse is not true for TR/NC because they don't have a hover tank that can grip the soap-coated hills. The other MBT base would be Auraxis Firearms to the south of Ascent. To reach Ascent from Auraxis Firearms, you can take a left towards LithCorp, or take a right directly towards Ascent. A Magrider griefer can just setup on top of the mountains and grief snipe you along any point on your path if you take the left. If you take the right, there comes a point when you have to take a steep climb up towards the Ascent. At the end of that climb, a Magrider can do the "minimal exposure shot" cheese by peeking negligibly over the end of the climb.

Oshur, the Magrider strat is to hold onto the 90 degree downward slope. They want to bait you into submerging because that way, you can't shoot back but they can shoot into the water. Against NC, it will be rough because that middle doughnut is rather CQC, ngl.

Finally, Esamir. This is the best map for the Prowler because it is predominantly open terrain (except for a few places towards the middle). However, the middle is noticeably open compared to the other maps.