I see emptiness in the Road Map. SERVER MERGES please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OpolE, Apr 17, 2024.

1. OpolE

Enough said.

Nothing is going to produce good fights anymore in my opinion.

Time to have

1 EU
    1 US
    1 ASIA
    Server
    • Up x 3
  2. AuricStarSand

Ye I'm writing a whole list of features. & fixes. for the devs.

I know they said they have a new team to get ready; tho tbh they don't have time to wait till September.
    Sunderer rework was something I was expecting 2 weeks ago, a month from now at most?
    So we can move onto other features sooner. Like editing Koltyr & Nexus. For new weekly alert maps.

Or more slots for infantry to have.
    On the other hand releasing everything as a package works better for update trailer hype.

If I were them I'd release sunderer rework first week of June, than save the new facility type for August.
    & meanwhile try to start other roadmap idea's asap.

As for server merges; idk; seems they'd have done it by now if it was easy to do.
    Important ye.
  3. Golconda

yes we need merge now, people on off hours is logging out because of no fights or using alts if their faction has too few people. this is not an empty "dead game" rant, we REALLY need merge this time, the numbers don't lie.

If you merge the servers like OP said we will continue to play and spend money for years, but right now I'm not sure what to do, Mithril normally answers to this kind of posts but his silence (if I didn't miss a previous answer about this) makes me think they cannot merge the servers, which would be kinda bad :(
  4. TripSin

Really, we needed the merges a long time ago.

But the next best time is now.
    • Up x 1
  5. TRspy007

We need server merges, or at least transfer windows to allow players to recover their characters. They've done it before.
  6. FLHuk

Cobalt is just pure hilarity. Yesterday arvo 200 online, 50% on one faction ( Doesn't really matter which ) for hours. Watching the faction pop graph showed that the low two factions kept declining while the other continued to rise.

I rode this out on a faction with 25%, IE, 50+/- players for a few hours then finally gave up and logged.

If you log in and upon seeing that pop continue to stack when you have toons on the other factions, fu, u r a Richard :D

----
    Cobalt atm, 156 ( 55ish / 45ish / 45ish and 11 ish NSO ) Voidwell has Cobalt on a pop graph atm, not exact numbers.
    Miller atm, 136 ( 28 / 39 / 28 and 10 NSO )

= ish 83 / 84 / 73 and 10 NSO

On paper that does seem to fix one issue though I fear the same people would still love the stack.
  7. Hobo G

I want my Connery character "HoboG" transferred from Connery to Emerald, please
    • Up x 1