Client bug - Players frozen in place

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Spikan, Apr 1, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spikan

Sometime when connecting since a few days, every players are frozen in place (including vehicule) or slide slowly in a direction.
    This seems to be a client issue. I already verified file using the launcher and steam, and reinstalled the game.
    The steam file verification found 2 corrupted files everytime.
    Did anyone already had this issue ?
    • Up x 3
  2. PriceyUK

I've had the same issue for 2 days now - since Monday 1st April at around 18:40 BST. I'd been playing for about 70 minutes when suddenly I noticed everyone was stood still, then I noticed the same for vehicles, and then I realised it's every entity in the game! All my other characters on the same account work perfectly fine, it's just the one I was playing on Monday that has the issue. I'm taking a wild guess that maybe there's some corrupt character data that's causing the issue.

I've had a single support ticket response so far but they suggested it might be a BattlEye issue - I did follow the suggestion anyway but absolutely no change.
  3. AcruxVS

Hello , got the same problem here . Got disconnected , after that i log back in and player are frozen in place ( vehicule too ). And got the same when i verify game files : 2 corrupted files. And this is only with the character i got disconnected with, all of my others character works fine .
  4. pjtt

same for me since Wednesday, deleted cache, uninstalled and installed the game again, no change... TR character on the same map in the same time works realtime, as soon as I switch to Vanu character, game behaves like all packets with information about actual position of other players and vehicles are gone or with minute lags. I see players stucked in air, or moving somewhere under ground. It seems that other players see my actual position, therefore can kill me, for me it looks like I am killed by player through walls etc. Voice chat in platoon works fine...
  5. McStickinArse

6. MaxxPaul

Same for me, only for the VS character mostly (played a bit NC, initially was fine then it started behaving the same).
    Players stuck on ground and in air, when dead alternating standing and lying image on screen. Vehicle stuck on vehicle pad, sometimes they work and are bugged, sometimes multiple vehicles are spawned, and they are intermingled (only one registering fire but it seems all can fire - so some players exploit this bug, apparently). Air stuck in the air (not all, some). Player shoot from ground or behind buildings. OTOH some players accused me I am shooting from ground when I clearly am not. I ran the network diagnostics including jitter and speed test and all is fine. I have quite a good connection and never had issues before.
  7. Vùzz

Hey, almost a week ago I was disconnected and ever since my main character vs Vuzz13 is in the same situation on Miller. Thanks for your help.
  8. Mithril Community Manager

Thanks everyone, we're investigating these reports.
  9. hodge-2

Hello,

I can confirm I have also fallen victim of this for the last couple of weeks now, I have done multiple fresh installs via steam ( if that has any relevance ) , re-validated the files using steam and 2 files failed to validate and were reacquired, nvidia drivers at updated ( 552.12 )

Not sure what else to do with this one?
  10. Mithril Community Manager

Thank you hodge, we are still investigating this matter.
  11. MaxxPaul

Forgot to mention I have deleted any trace of the game and reinstalled, but all is the same - only the VS character on Miller is impacted (VS on Cobalt and NC on Miller work fine). The game is unplayable by the impacted character.
  12. AcruxVS

Any update on when we will get a fix ?
  13. PITERKLM

I advise you to hurry up with removing the bug, I have the same problem on NSO >>ZlomekPL>> I played a little {it's not easy, but it's possible}. after a while I was called a fraud, so for me it's quite urgent
  14. AcruxVS

I can't believe we didn't get any news this week. It feels like ps2 dev are totaly ignoring this problem .......( I have put lot of money on my character with boost ,etc . That's why i am currently "angry" atm)
  15. Mithril Community Manager

Hello everyone, please reply with your ISP below. We are still investigating.
  16. MaxxPaul

For better or worse, as my VS Miller char is bugged, I know play my VS Cobalt char, which works flawlessly.
    This is really puzzling me - I am not using a different PC or ISP with my VS Cobalt char, obvioulsy...
    Thus: it's not lag, not low PC specs, even apparently not even really a client bug per se? otherwise how come 3 chars work just fine and 1 and only 1 (VS Miller) is bugged... is the server bugged?
  17. MaxxPaul

18. AcruxVS

Hello

I am in Belgium , my ISP is VOO . But i don't think it's comming from my ISP . Why would the other charact work fine then ?
  19. pjtt

See thread here :
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...oken-it-is-impossible-to-play-for-him.262610/

It is not ISP, client or your installation, characters data seems to be broken on Daybreak servers (Cobalt. Miler) causing no transfer of information about player position to client from server (for some people including myself for few weeks already, because other my characters in game work fine. As it is my best character, I simply do not play any more, just checking the status of bug each day....) I unfortunately do not expect it will be solved soon, they most probably have a lot of other things to handle, like moving developers here ant there etc., see here:

However I will be glad if I am mistaken.... At the moment I can say that there are no queues any more during logging to Cobalt and it is taking more and more time to trigger alerts (especially for Oshur...) But this is ongoing for few months already and is not connected with this bug, it is just speeded up by this...
  20. Mithril Community Manager

Thank you for that info, if anyone else has ISP info they would like to share please reply below as our team is requesting this in their investigations. Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.