Player Construction/vehicle sites are sabotage to your own team

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Mar 29, 2024.

1. karlooo

So, I am just getting back to the game slowly and these build sites with an open capture point... Without any doubts, they are full out sabotage to your own team. (I am very sure it is also used same way by players infiltrating their enemy, which I will get to later)

I'll start off like this, it took a high amount of practice to be a Construction player in the past, because you needed to understand many details from sequence to design.
    Now you have the key structures, which no longer have a shape, you no longer need to fill in gaps, plan out a design... Basically the current construction incentives spam. And what happens at these sites is you capture it. People then start dishing out Structures; Command Center, Rebirthing center, vehicle terminal, walls, thinking that they are setting up a defensive position, but what they are really doing is building up a damage soaking base for the enemy and it just makes it an absolute hell hole to take the position back.

Just right now, I have seen some weird incident. I saw some players building walls facing our end in an environment where it made no sense (Also somebody deconstructed my Silo somehow, not sure how that's possible like what are the current rules). And I was wondering, I thought it was a noob, but later on I perfectly understood that they were preemptively building walls facing our end (and deconstructed my Silo) because they were pretty much building the base for the enemy, it is that stupid...

In every conceivable way these build sites are terrible, but this is next level of stupid because it's not fun attacking an accumulation of HP not to mention it being pre-designed by your own allies for the enemy team... It is mind boggling.

It just got to go... It brings no profit, no fun, just shame.
    The idea is there, but it is more of a dream.
    • Up x 2
  2. karlooo

• Up x 1
  3. Aris12

The maps are not designed for construction.
    Everything is a bottleneck, no flanking options except falling off a cliff and spending 5 minutes to traverse the bottleneck network hoping to appear behind the enemy and hoping an ESF/Liberator/Valkyrie doesn't pick you off.
    Examples:
    • ALL of Amerish.
    • ALL of Hossin.
    • Center of Indar.
    • ALL of Oshur.
    Esamir is the only map in which construction is remotely enjoyable as an attacker and defender because of the openness. Defenders get to build their damage sponges and be OP, whilst the attackers (because of Esamir's openness) can just drive around those sponges and thus, they don't get griefed by some Spear AV turret main.

#delete the lattice system.
    #flatten the maps
    #bring Higby back
  4. ZORN777

Bases are just opened in narrow places, especially on OSHURA, otherwise the bases are useless, the importance of bases for storming or defending the sector in the open spaces of esamir is ZERO