[Suggestion] Best small base designs. Suggest delete 90% of large facilities for small unique bases.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Mar 16, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

What aspects do you favor about each dev made base? I'm not a fan of the big facilities besides bio labs; tho not really a fan of bio lab parking, wish it had a stair system from the lower lvls to the top. Instead of this airpad park underneath stuff. Lets mention off shoot base designs.

So lets see what base examples are best. With the > symbol. Off shoot bases verse general base designs.

MAP HQ EXPERT GIVES HIS OPINION for base verse base.

Sage R&D Labs base is better than > Interlinks.
    (The stone henge A point garden & 2nd floor with the ring of windows specifically are good;
    since the outside cover & doors suck)

Terran Genetics > Interlinks

Tridents > Interlinks
    (tridents are still missing a lot however, stair system)

Pommel Gardens is better than > Mirror Bay Ex

Echo Valley & Watersons prefer over > Saerro tower

Spral Oasis > every other open A point field the game has.

NC Arsenal > Ikanam

Moss Ravine > Saerro Amp Station

Mekala Auxilliary Compounds > Mekala Tech Plant

The Scarfield Reliquary > Wokuk Amp

Kwahtee Mountain > Kwahtee Amp Station

Snake Ravine > Crossroads.
    (even tho crossroads is fought at more)

Vanu Archives > Hvar Tech Plant
  2. AuricStarSand

Part: 2

Scarred Mesa Skydock > Peris Amp
    (replace Peris Amp with a base that's equally as good as Scarred Mesa is)

Indar Comm Array > Dahaka Amp Station
    ( nobody takes Dahaka for the most party. Another boring amp station; delete. Replace with a base thats as good as Indar Comm Array is)

Sharpe's Run > Ghanan Tech Plant
    ( Ghanan is blocking the hype to get to Sharpe, since Ghanan is boring. While Sharpe's Run is one of my fav bases)

The Stronghold fort base is better than > All towers the game has, besides ascent & crown.
    (Starship trooper forts are better than regular towers)

The old Steelshore frozen lake bridge area > The new Steelshore area.
    (A north Esamir base with the bridge & dev base to the right of it > The new Steeleshore ant made regions to the top right of esamir.)

Nott Communications > The Traverse & Freyr Amp
    ( delete the Traverse & Freyr Amp, for 2 Nott Communication styles
    Traverse blocks the link & Freyr is never fought at)

The Shrouded Skyway without CTF & make it a 3 point base > Shrouded Skyway with CTF or as a 1 point base.

Heyoka Chemical & Chimney Rock > Heyoka Tech Plant
    ( so ye delete heyoka tech plant? for something else; that lane is fun till you get past chemical; then the tech plant makes the lane stale or people redeploy)

Quartz RIdge > Suarva Bio Lab.
    (Everything above Indar Ex needs to go, the roads need reworked. Shouldn't be that everyone gets to Indar Ex from the south; to the north west. & then always redeploy after taking Indar ex; because the entire top left of Indar is lackluster or roads too stretched out. So Saurva bio lab suggestively gets deleleted & replaced with a base that's equally as awesome as Quartz Ridge is.

TI with rock bridge & Crown as a 4 point base
    with a different D point location then before > TI without the rock bridge & Crown as a 3 point base.

Offal Pit > Chac Tech
    Would be better if Chac Tech was replaced with a 2nd version of Offal Pit. Where the pit part of A point, is even a larger pit, then Offal pit is. So delete Chac Tech for Offal Pit version 2. Chac Tech also blocks people from wanting to warpgate the top right or venture to Matsuda Genetics.

Wainwright Armory & Fort Liberty > better than most construction sites. A few construction sites are ok, still theirs too many. Wanwright & Liberty's link path is totally ignored. Nobody ventures that way after taking Broken Vale.

Roothouse Destillery > Hurakan Amp Station.
    (Delete Hurakan Amp station, a extremely ignored amp station, nobody drives there ever. The roads also need work to make driving there more obvious. Yet anyways delete Hurakan for a Roothouse destillery type base version 2.)

Stillwater Watch > is better than TappWaystation, the Traverse, Vidar, & Northpoint ruins.
    Still Water Watch & Spral Oasis are the only good looking fields for Esamir. Tapp is too barren, and barely attacked, Traverse is middle of nowhere forgotten, Vidar is meh, Northpoint ruins is the most ignored & too far to drive to.

Hunters Blind > Other tree bases. Hunters Blind best tree base, yet positioned totally where nobody goes, with a super long road to get to hunters blind. So nobody fights there. Needs a few more platforms & a stair system, not jumpads for these tree bases. Ewok stairs winding around trees. Underrated base type underutilized, should be parked right next to nasons or have a tree base design 40 feet surrounding nasons all over. Underutilized tree platues for every tree around every base mid of Hossin has.

Small unnamed island to the right of outpost Kalis, that has a flooded tunnel hallway base on the lil island > Tridents. (Yes that 200 square foot island, with a flooded tunnel, is better than Tridents.)

(That's the direction Oshur woulda needed to go to impress Infantry. Sub levels of flooded hallways on lil secret building bases) Instead they went the " everyone fit on a narrow lil door ramp into a huge building route ". & some flat fields with no enough room for ants to build anywhere unique. A island map is def shouldn't have been the ant map, where ants need room to roam, nobody builds on water. Oshur shoulda been a infantry only map, maybe not even vehicles much. If anything. Tho the water not selling wouldn't work either way, so ye eh new medium map pls.)

J908 Impact Site > Regent Rock.
    (A lot of people like regent rock, I find it ok, tho it is just another tower. I know I asked the devs to add a 2nd link to J908 & that was nice. Still the site is ignored. Since Galaxy Solar is often ignored too. Essentially nobody ever paves up the mid north from Hydropon to the north mid enemy warpgate. I wish J908 Impact Site had as big of fights as Regent Rock has. Because J908 is more unique of a base. Regent Rock is essentially the same as Crossroads, meh.

Matsuda Genetics > Crossroads > Regular towers without walls.

Matsuda Genetics > Amp Stations
    (better use of walls then amp stations, thus delete amp stations, then build walls around most regular tower bases; & replace the amp station areas with open field points or some other small base design; amp stations suck worst big base of the ps2.)
  3. AuricStarSand

Mostly a talk about how dry large facilities are: To replace all of them spare the best 2 of each: So spare 2 of each of the large facilities.
    & erase replace the other 20 large facilities, with small unique bases

If not copy pasted bases, of underplayed small favorite small bases.
    I'd rather have two identical Moss Ravine bases > then more than 2 Amp Stations; for example.
    Or 2 Stronghold bases, rather than the 20th generic tower or tech plant.
    Or 2 Sharpe's Run base designs, rather than a amp or tech.

As for big facilities go; even tho I don't like them all. TBH people hate on containment site; yet they are better than tech plant fights. & better than interlinks. Yet I only like 50% of containment site; the other half needs work on run time & parking spots. Pretty much the outside of the containment site should have better infantry fights & cover & it doesn't.

ranks for large facilities is; Bio Labs > Containment sites > Tech Plants > Tridents > Interlinks > Amp Stations.

Even tho I'm not a fan of the last 3 listed. Eisa is ok; still rather prefer something else for mid of Esamir. Yet As for tech's Eisa, Mao, & Tawrich get the pass; they're fine. Mao is better than Eisa tbh. Tawrich has grown on me, use to not like it, now do. As for the other tech plants for all the other planets, besides these 3? They all suck; I'd delete them all. & Only keep these 3 mentioned. Keep Eisa, Mao, & Tawrich, delete the other 20 Tech Plants.

All large facilities are ignored, all lane blockers, all battle flow limiters, all lame chores for outfit ghostcappers, with bad farms. Same goes for Amp Stations; keep 2; delete the other 20. Imagine if the game had 20+ Containment sites; people would freak out. 2 is fine. Even Ymir is too many for a 3rd.

As for Containment sites; Advari & Mani are good. Ymir is ignored roadblock for paving to the SE front. So nobody attacks past Ymir ever & would be better if they did. Yet Elli Forrest Past and everything around Elli Forrest has lackluster road paths. Pretty much everything to the bottom right of Esamir has uninteresting roads. As soon you cap Elli Tower; anything to the right of Elli Tower; looks like a cold side quest. So delete Ymir containment; keep Mani & Advair. Replace Ymir containment with a Bio Lab that has the old style of gate shield glowly windows. So the only bio lab with gateshield windows would be SE bio lab, that replaces Ymir containment. The other planets dont need bio lab window updates, only the one esamir bio.

So maybe make a new copy pasted small base design, then replace 95% of Amp Station; deleted; for the new small base design. Similar to how Hossin has those construction sites. Yet something better; to replace most Amp stations with. like for example who goes to Freyr Amp or Jord Amp? or even Zurvan Amp? Nobody that's who & theirs a ton more ignored entirely amp stations; because amps are boring; ok at times; tho mostly meh.

Similar to this base. Is " Outpost Kalis ", since theirs a lot of bushes around. A ignored base by both devs and players. & " Nascent Shipping & Storage " was good before the flotilla got moved near it. So these type of bases, where the buildings have better warehouses, the grass has more foliage and bushes, and theirs unique things like stone grass squares for sage labs with windows, or dday beach advances for Nascent Shipping Storage before the warpgate position moved.
    See Link for similar post: Astira Solar Station looks very cool : r/Planetside (reddit.com)

Not suggesting to rework Oshur; just take the best ideas of base design to other maps. & like I said pommel, sage labs, & Outpost Kalis were the best ouf of those.

All of these > types, off shoot small bases, are better than tridents, interlinks, or towers. Similarly Centri Mining is a unique fight when inside the mountain, tho everything outside the mountain is stale. Would be better as a dev base outside as well & not just a empty field for ant's.

I'd also replace Elli Tower & Elli Forrest with something else. Elli Tower needs more buildings around it or something interesting like many ice purple crystals or matsuda type walls. Elli Forrest's road or path is the start to a lame road experience where people often start to ignore the bot right of Esamir when they hit Elli Forrest. So Elli Forrest is a buzz kill essentially, leading to Ymir which is also a buzz kill, then nobody takes any base around those 2 & the entire south east side of Esamir is a ghost town.

Least played lanes edit:
    Just like the bot right of Esamir is a ghost town. The top left of Esamir is too. Top right of Esamir is ghosted till last 10 min of Alert people may hit Stillwater, bout it. Top left of Indar ghost town. Left side of Hossin has no fights. Top right side of Hossin is ignored since Chac Tech is lame. & north of Hydropon; has " the mid north " lane links of Indar ghosted.
  4. AuricStarSand

P.s. Take all the outside walls down from Elli Forest Pass & that base may get more popular. Essentially just keep the buildings; yet erase the walls surrounding the base. If not build something else for Elli Forrest pass, that base seriously slows down that lane.

Sometimes Elli Forrest has some good 24'svs24's tho the setup is, after taking Elli Tower, everyone ignores Elli Forrest immediately & starts driving to Watersons. Reminds me of people who take Broken Vale & never travel the west gate road from Broken. Similarly they don't travel east after Elli tower.

The South Esamir warpgate to travel to the East Esamir warpgate, more often.

The East Esamir warpgate to travel to the Northwest Esamir warpgate, more often.
    (they stop at steeleshore, if even ever farm steeleshore for enough time)

The thread title shouldn't say; " for unique " at the end. Because the bases to replace these ignored amps & techs; don't all have to be unique. " Favorite " is the right word. Shrouded Skyway is a favorite ish base; so 2 or 3 of those with farther ewok walkways; even if 90% copy pasted; is still better than these large bases; people only need a few of.

Esp Moss Ravine I could go for a few versions of Moss.
  5. AuricStarSand

Replace Dahaka Amp Station with another Wainwright Armory.
    Replace Freyr Amp with Fort Liberty #2
    Replace Zurvan Amp with a 2nd mega version of The Stronghold (I'd personally highly favor this)
    Replace Suarva Bio with a 2nd version of Quartz Ridge. What else is gonna get people to travel?

Replace Hurakan Amp with Hunters Blind #2 with better roads to it from Gourney & Nasons.
    Replace Ghanan Tech with another Sharpe's Run
    Replace Chac Tech with Offal Pit #2
    Replace Mekala Tech with Shrouded Skyway #2 with longer walkways & is a 3 point.
    Replace Sungrey Amp Station for a 3rd The Stronghold type base.

Replace Kwahtee Amp Station with a 2nd version of Scarfield Reliquary.
    Replace Tumas Tech with a Pommel Gardens base. Simply copy pasted is fine.
    Replace Hvar Tech with a Vanu Archives Snake Ravine hybrid base.
    Replace Peris Amp & Wokuk with Kwahtee Mountain(s) types

Add a few buildings to the top of Ikanam & a new tunnel flank to the lower levels of Ikanam.
    Replace Ymir Containment Site with the single only Bio Lab that has the old glowy gateshield lab windows.
    Replace Ixtab Amp with Nott Communications #2
    Replace Heyoka Tech Plant with Moss Ravine #2.
  6. AuricStarSand

48-96 verse 48-96 at Sungrey Amp Station yesterday. Fight didn't go anywhere. Stalemate for 40 min.

Amp Stations you aren't able to take with a equal fight of 48verse48; often you need more pop then the enemy. Even if they fix that; Amps will still be boring. The farm sucks, theirs no points on the walls, making the walls useless to farm, people run to generators tho are not a fan of that. Sunderers get easily destroyed by defenders since they have these jumppads to the corners of the amp.

They killed all our bus spawns for 40 min. Even killed our routers, never took the amp, left.
    Someone said, " Forget this. Lets leave this fight " Meaning they find Amp Stations boring too. This is nothing new, I've seen 1,000's of people find Techs & Amps boring to ghostcap 1,000 times over. & as I say here, equal fights are meh. So what do Amps & Techs provide? nothing but a chore for outfits, whom usually ignore the better farm or throw the alert win, for these stale big bases. So they are done for. Fin. delete, renew, replace.

With a small base people actually favor, per sector.
    Have them vote on the best small bases to replace all these laneblocker big bases.
    Even if I already mentioned which ones work best where.

That's the thing, this isn't just a fix of; " Make this region more favorable with smaller bases "

It's also a fix of " This big base, limits the battle flow of the map, so people farm the same bases every month " this is part of the reason people fight mid so much, because every lane has one of these lame techs or amps that people don't even want to bother ghostcapping half the time. & they all offer the same fight.

Tech Plants at least let you park a sunderer inside the tech which has made them a tad better; still they are mostly just a fight around A point. Which doesn't offer much variety. Many flanks to A, tho still just everyone running to the 2nd floor of A. Bout it for Techs. Even for 3 point Techs, still just 2nd floor campers mostly.

Then ye Amp Stations are worst than CTF. Holding gens that keep getting reverted, is by far worst than CTF.
    If Amp Stations didn't have gens, they'd still be meh bases, since the devs didn't plan out where exactly infantry is meant to entertain themselves there. Usually the farm is so spread out, too much LA jumping around to get points. Not a fan of a base design where I have to spend 100% of the time using Ambusher jet to get points. Steelshore & Hatcher Airstation has that issue. Just non stop jumping, meh. Rather have the base just be DM then, if I have to LA the whole time.

How much better is another The Stronghold base, that replaces Sungrey Amp? A lot.
    Esp since The Stronghold doesn't see fight time anyways, from where it's positioned.

Similar to Pommel Gardens, Sharpe's Run, Fort Liberty, & Wainwright Armory also not seeing much action, even tho better base designs that most Amp Techs & more unique than mid bases.

Here's an example. Eisa may be the 3rd best Tech Plant next to Mao & Tawrich. BUT What base is more popular for farms? Watersons, Echo Valley, or Eisa? People like Watersons & Echo Valley WAY MORE. So that should tell you something. That should tell you that the REAL MID BASE for ESAMIR should be another base people favor as much as Watersons & Echo Valley & so far that spot is for Eisa, which they don't favor more than those 2 smaller bases mentioned. So the real mid for Esamir is actually Watersons & Eisa is just some throw away base to get for the alert, but not because people actually like taking it more than Watersons or Echo.

Similarly, BALDUR AMP STATION is next to Watersons, is Baldur Amp as popular as Echo Valley which is also next Watersons? Hell no.

All Baldur does is make it so people don't want to drive from Pale Canyon to Watersons, which is the effect Tech & Amps have on the entire game, all lanes, and all monthly link explorers.

When's the last time I had a farm at Sharpe's Run? Probably a year ago. tbh. Since everything above Roothouse Distillery isn't pathed favorably. So Amp & Techs lane block so badly, that people only venture to some bases once per year?

Some lanes are just flat out ignored past a certain base. The Stronghold I've fought at, 6 times in 6 years? Favorite base design if they made a mega version. Yet one time per year farm? That's it? Reason why 2nd copy pasted versions of some of these underused small bases, would be wise.