Devs: If there is any sort of intent of saving the game do this.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ps2pIayer, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Ps2pIayer

Something like this should of been done a long time ago to add more depth into the game itself and especially the lattice system.

What is this exactly?

Special bases with special abilities (once captured) that have actual real usage on the battlefield.

Example - Middle base capture gets to spawn a special vehicle that has a 30 minute cooldown upon use (second clip, Scrin mothership, But obviously in planetsides own taste.)

You can either make the terminal free use, (the first person to press E on the terminal on the owning team gets to use it), OR the top player on the scoreboard during that fight, OR the majority winning outfit that captures the base.

First and Third Clip, Mac cannon / Scudstorm (halowars,C&C Generals)

add a structure to certain amp stations or tech plants or even a whole new revamped base in its own right.

Another Suggestion - Get rid of outfit orbitals and swap them out with somthing more unique OR keep outfit orbitals, make them cost more, and remove orbital strikes from construction bases and give them a scud missle system instead that can be used in the same radius manner that an orbital strike structure grows.

the way i see it this game aint heading nowhere uphill and a new content update of this sort will be needed.

if there will ever be a planetside 3, this should without a doubt be a feature in the game.
    • Up x 2
  2. AuricStarSand

Sounds good. I'd suggest this for a new medium map that has around 6 regions total.

Instead of having to add these to the old planets. Sure a few near mid maybe.
    I don't know if it saves the game, seeing as it takes a lot of funds to rework bases,
    all to have some special base theme. However def makes taking bases more interesting.

If for example crossroads gives you a unique convor sunderer type. taking TI gives you a free steele rain button to use once per 10 min, built into the base " Press E to Use, must be a squad leader ". Taking Crown gives you a free weapons rack for 2 handed melee hammers. Taking Quartz gives you a free os button to shoot anywhere on the map. The list goes on, just bases give you stuff. essentially. Maybe Esamir bases spawn vehicles to thaw out after capture. Maybe another base spawns free 10 harassers to use. Inspiring players to harasser crash which doesn't happen enough. Base gives everyone after cap a free AV turret to build that doesn't require a silo & has self regen.

Tho ye other than items, would be built in base themes & ye that would require too much editing for the old planets. Less they rework Tech Plants & esp Amp Stations, since Amp Stations are super boring. Tho tbh I don't want to fight at the big copy pasted bases. TBH I fancy containment sites more than Interlinks; Amp;s or Techs. So far not really a fan of any copy pasted large facility. Besides maybe some aspects of containment sites are ok.

So far I favor small unique base designs over big facilities. A big base would be fine if they knew exactly what infantry find fun. Yet so far you only take small things from each base that I like.
  3. ganthercage

Sounds like a good idea
  4. AntDX316

It

It used to be like that. You have to have a Tech Plant to spawn MBTs on the map. It made the game worse imo.
  5. littleshan1

like this map , Russian mercenaries NC attack an US TR empire island in South America for destroyer Missile

The game would be interesting if there was a giant rocket launcher instead of the meaningless Crown