24vs24 weekend bastion fights; don't survive fair fights.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Mar 6, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

A fair fight; shouldn't resort to a bastion dropping from 80% hp to 0% hp under 30 seconds.

So that means you don't require skill to kill a bastion, if you have 2 squads verse 2 squads. You just require bum rushes.

A fair fight should drop the bastion by 15% hp? at a time, per ball run; not from 80% to 0% from one enemy 2 squad bum rush?

Event weekday & Weekend Bastions are kinda weak. HP wise. I stated this a few weeks ago; yet just saw this happen again, 24 verse 24. So the only way for a bastion to survive is if you have twice the planes as your enemy. Essentially fair fights are too op. Valk bum rushes with esfs too.

It's just kinda unrewarding for my weekly outfit to wait till Wednesday for Bastion to stock, then they pull from the warpgate. Instantly gets bum rushed by the rival vs outfit, every week, bastion dies 30 seconds later, minus some travel time. Tho combat time; 30 seconds of a dog fight. Bastion dies.

It's less of a factor of " if only our 2 squads were better than theirs " and more of a issue of " Why does the bastions hp drop so fast, even when all pilots share equal skill lvl & have equal pop? "
    • Up x 1
  2. VV4LL3

Balance is not this game's forte
  3. T.A.94

A few questions (assuming equals skill and players numbers and no G2A Larion/Skylance):
    1. Where five of the 24 defenders manning the Bastion AA weapons?
    2. Did the other 18 use interceptors or personalised ESFs with one/two support Galaxie(s)?
    3. Where the enemies coordinated in their attacks (all focusing a single hadpoint)?
    4. Possible C4 shenanigans by the enemie?
    5. Was the Bastion moving the entire time?
    To name a few.
  4. AuricStarSand

1. Yes.
    2. They used regular esf's with valks, no gals, no interceptors. So 16 ESF's 6 Valks.
    3. They didn't have to focus on a single hardpoint, they don't even have to focus at all, just a uncoordinated 24vs24 brawl.
    4. No C4.
    5. Baston is moving.

Tbh seems each enemy airplane is barely even hitting the hardpoints for more than a few seconds, meaning lots of evading, not much focus fire on anything. Just everyone evading everyone, with only trickles of ammo hitting the hardpoints. Every week; the outfit leader I know is like " Welp " what can you do; if even fair fights, the ship dies 30 seconds.

Sometimes the enemy brings gals; tho its not really a game changer. The esfs and valks are the prob.
    Thing takes 100 hours+ to stock & dies in under 30 seconds to 24 attackers, while having 24 defenders. Else 36 defenders to 36 attackers, same story.

You'd have to have 1 to 2 extra squads of esf's, then the enemy had to survive more than 2 air ball attacks. Which the enemy is able to muster once per 2 mins. With a 24 verse 24 fight lasting 20 to 30 seconds. & ye the enemy doesn't need to focus fire a hardpoint, they just buzz around; nearly all dying; kamikazee.

So a fair fight means nothing if the enemy is able to drop the bastion from 80% hp to 0% hp in under 30 seconds, with just kamikazee balls. Sometimes takes 2 balls to kill the bastion & the other half the time only takes 1 enemy ball formation.

Either way theirs no time to " defend hardpoints " with a buzzing of valks and esfs all crashing into eachother; equal fight; bastion dies; wait a week; happans again.

20 to 30 seconds is enough time to kill 2 esf's if that. Yet they already took the bastion down 80% hp. & since the bastion already loses 20% hp from tiny hits before the outfit duel starts. The bastion dies in under 30 seconds.

Tho I've said the Citadel Shield is 100% too weak hp wise as well; so this doesn't suprise me. As for " off hours " bastions maybe surviving longer; well depends. Most off hours bastions don't have allies to defend, so it's just some guy's solo bastion with no defenders. So basing Bastions hp off " off hour " bastions, isn't worthwhile. Also the ghost ship event died way too soon as well.
  5. Amador

Perhaps next time you'll reconsider a better use of your manpower, by...

Bringing the Bastion to a full stop. Have a Galaxy dismount a squad of Burster AA MAX's supported by Engineers on top of the now stationary Bastion deck. Converge fire and proceed to melt the enemy airball as they approach from render distance. Clean up any jumpers you find. Mount up, rinse and repeat as necessary.

And as a candid thought...

... To think the Dev's completely reworked the Bastion and took away the Mauler Cannons, yet didn't even provide customizable alternative turret types similar to a Colossus tank.

Such wasted opportunity.
  6. AuricStarSand

This happaned again for a Oshur Bastion. I wasn't saying anything to the squad. Yet I heard them voice talk about how lame the Pelters were for Valks. That they kill the bastion too soon. Timer after time; they said.

Someone said they saw a Reddit post speaking of this & the devs have responded. So we'll see. I didn't know it was the valks specifically. Seeing as some fights are enemy formation; 3/4th ESF with 1/4th Valk & still the bastion dies fast.
  7. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

[IMG]

10 vs valks. 12 vs esfs. & yes they rush to nc's warpgate every wednesday saturday. Outfit verse outfit; still bursted down too soon.

Sometimes they let us live at 10% hp for awhile, " let " heh. Seeing as one short fair ball dog fight rush loses 80% hp. They may as well be kamikazee's and just fly into the bastion xD same time frame.